FSX_GA_Traffic, Program?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

FSX_GA_Traffic, Program?

Postby Formula_1 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi all :)

I am using GA Traffic (from hereon referred to as GAT) and love it. Used it forever in FS9, and have had it since January 09 after I built this system and switched to FSX.
I think I messed up. Before I do anything, will someone familiar with GAT please help me with something?

I have a lot of planes checked off for use.
All of my add-on planes that are within the weight limit of GAT, are used.
However, I did not use the Make AI plane button for each one. GAT doesn't automatically convert them for GA use, does it(?).

My questions;
Are the planes shown in full textures, since I didn't use the Make AI plane button in Planes section of GAT?
Meaning, are the models used by GAT exactly like the ones I would fly, since I didn't do it for each plane?

When close to them in 3D, they look just like if I was actually using it for my plane. Pretty, yes, but frame rates suffer. If indeed it is the unconverted models that are being used, I need to fix that. I'll have to do them (use the Make AI plane button) one by one, correct?
Or, is there a way to convert all planes checked for use at once?

Thanks for suggestions.
Last edited by Formula_1 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Explore Everything, Then Decide
Formula_1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: FSX_GA_Traffic, Program?

Postby SeanTK » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:37 pm

I don't know if there is a way to convert them all at once, or even what precisely their conversion does due to not using the program for a long time, but I believe that by not converting them, you are using the exact same thing that you would be flying on your own. I'm guessing since it is sourcing files from your library, your choices are going to be the full fledged single player models.
SeanTK

Re: FSX_GA_Traffic, Program?

Postby Formula_1 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks.

That's what I was afraid of. I will convert them one by one then.

Thank you :)
Explore Everything, Then Decide
Formula_1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates