Too Close!

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Re: Too Close!

Postby dave3cu » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:44 pm

The problem happens when you have 2 (or more) traffic*.bgl files that use the exact same (flightplan) schedules. This happens when the author uses existing flight plans, just substituting different aircraft.

If you are present at departure the ATC cue will seperate them at take off. But....if the flights are spawned enroute (at the time you start the sim or they fly into your active ai area), they will be in tandem.

You would need to edit the times in one of the flight plans.

Dave
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby tgibson » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:36 pm

The load positions of the planes seem to be set by either the speed value listed in the aircraft.txt file (for TTools), or in the Reference section of the aircraft.cfg file (never tested that).  As you can see, when you have two identical aircraft models (which have identical values in both of those places above), they will start out in exactly the same place.  Near their destination they will "peel off" to separate for landing.

You can try changing the speed value of one of those aircraft liveries slightly in the aircraft.txt file and see if that changes anything, otherwise I don't know how to fix that...
---
Tom Gibson
CalClassic Propliner Page
http://www.calclassic.com
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby -Crossfire- » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Just a little Embraer love.... nothing to wory about...  ;D ;D
-Crossfire-
Captain
Captain

Postby SeanTK » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:30 pm

What kind of strange flightplan has a BA Embraer in the same geographical region as a United Express Embraer?  :-?
SeanTK

Postby Ghostrider114 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:45 pm

that explains why I hear so many traffic alerts on the ATC.

[quote]Just a little Embraer love.... nothing to wory about...
Last edited by Ghostrider114 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostrider114
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby gypsymoth » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:48 am

I had a similar thing at Edinburgh (UK2000 Extreme) with a BA & Easyjet 737 at the same gate.....I noticed the BA was moving so checked the airport options & found that staic aircraft had been installed, which I had NOT done 4 months earlier at installation.  Removing the statics did the trick  ::)
When the c**p hits the fan, get a tent.
gypsymoth
Captain
Captain

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates