Most Realistic AI Level

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Re: Most Realistic AI Level

Postby tgibson » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:47 pm

The most realistic as far as aircraft movements are concerned is 100%.  For the number of aircraft that load at the gates upon loading an airport my guess is somewhere around 75%.

Hope this helps,
---
Tom Gibson
CalClassic Propliner Page
http://www.calclassic.com
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby MIKE JG » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:55 pm

I read somewhere between 60%-70% is realistic.  100% is never 100% realistic, too many uncontrollable variables.
-Mike G.

Military AI traffic packages and scenery for the Microsoft Flight Simulator series.
MIKE JG
Captain
Captain

Postby tgibson » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Certainly not true for the aircraft in flight - for most of the good airline traffic packages, they only use real flights.  If your slider isn't at 100%, you aren't seeing some of them.

But due to inefficiencies in the compiling process, there are usually "extra" aircraft sitting on the ground, compared to reality.  This is where the 60-70% number comes in, I assume.
---
Tom Gibson
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby SeanTK » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Depends on how many and what type of AI packages you have installed, along with the type of AFCAD (parking/gates) files you have installed. No matter what, many GA fields are probably going to be a lot less busy in FS than in real life, while your major international hubs may actually be busier in FS than real life.
I personally use the following:

Airlines:
World of AI

Military:
Not much, but some installed MAIW packages.

Civil/GA:
World of AI general aviation files.
HTAI Cessna payware.

I also try to use non-default airport scenery when possible that enhances the number of parking spots at airports. Especially noticable is the major lack of parking at default FS international airports, such as KJFK and KBOS. (I now use the excellent FSDreamteam KJFK payware to solve part of that issue).

I run my aircraft traffic at 100% in FSX.
Airport vehicles at minimum.
Road traffic around 6%.
Large boats at 24% (depends on where I fly, sometimes it goes up in areas near large bodies of water.)
Leisure boats around 26-30%. (Again, depends on my flying location.) Both boat variables vary dramatically depending on where and what I am flying.

I also use EditVoicePack with FSX and the option to speed up the speech slightly. Sounds better to me, and can have benefits to the AI flow as well.

Mr. Gibson, pleasure to have you on these forums. I have not looked into this extensively, but are your excellent classic propliners & jetliners traffic packages compatible with FSX SP2?  :)
Last edited by SeanTK on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeanTK

Postby tgibson » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks.  :)

I believe the propliner AI can have the usual problems with opaque prop disks and some may turn black (untextured) at a distance, but other than that I think they work OK in SP2.  I don't know if a new prop disk texture will solve the issue; no one has ever explored that (I only have SP1 installed).  Some have even said they work fine for them.

Hope this helps,
---
Tom Gibson
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates