World of Ai and Windows Vista

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

World of Ai and Windows Vista

Postby Michael Aaron Thomas » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:02 pm

Hello all.

Does World of Ai work with Windows vista?

The only reason I am asking is because I recently brought a new laptop with vista on it.

I then installed World of Ai but it didnt work. It wouldn't compile and, the aircraft were not appearing in flight simulator.

I then found out that it was possibly because vista has a funny system that doesnt give you many administrator rights and that it may be causing certain programs to not work to the fullest.

I was getting the message asking if I give permission to download it, so, I disabled the administrator thing and I now have access to everything.
However, it still didnt add the Ai aircraft to the sim. I then thought that as World of Ai and ttools had been installed prior to me disabling the administrator rights, the full program may not have been downloaded.

I re-installed it and it compiled all my aircraft perfectly. However they are still not appearing in the sim.

They are installing and compiling fine but just not appearing. Whats wrong. Is it Vista? :-/
Michael Aaron Thomas
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: World of Ai and Windows Vista

Postby stuart1044 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:27 am

I did have a issue with UAC, as when trying to write to the folders it gave me errors saying access denied.

Just turned off UAC and all was good :)
[center][url=http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=studiov]
Image[/url]
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66ghz, 2gb DDR2 800mhz, Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 256mb, Western Digital
stuart1044
Major
Major

Re: World of Ai and Windows Vista

Postby marklee » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:08 am

Well it might solve your problem might not, but when I bought my laptop with vista, I also have the same problem but I failed to fix it, hope you do.
Here you can excess to easy creditcard
marklee
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates