Alaska AI / Northern Scenery? (esp freeware :) )

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Alaska AI / Northern Scenery? (esp freeware :) )

Postby Barbr » Sun May 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi all:

This might be a strange request  ;) but would you know of any scenery / AI traffic that extends up to the Alaskan oil fields? For example, I know Alaskan Airlines fly up to Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay, but I'm not sure if my WOAI flights go there.

I found the "Snow Dog Tour" package, but didn't know if that's only scenery or if it also includes AI traffic.

Thanks!
-Barb  :)
Barbr
Captain
Captain

Re: Alaska AI / Northern Scenery? (esp freeware :) )

Postby aussiewannabe » Sun May 10, 2009 8:36 pm

The only thing I can find at the moment is Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air from Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay:

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/alaska/imag ... utemap.pdf

You would think that Horizon Air (Dash 8s) would serve the Alaskan oil fields outside of Prudhoe Bay. but I'm not familiar with airports in that area.

Chris
Last edited by aussiewannabe on Sun May 10, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP Media Center Photosmart m7260n | 3.0GHz Intel Pentium D 830 | 2 GB RAM | 320 GB HD | Sapphire X1950 GT 512MB | Silencer 610 Watt PSU

[center][img]
http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/aussie_sig1.jpg
aussiewannabe
Major
Major

Postby Barbr » Mon May 11, 2009 11:27 am

Thanks Chris! I was pleasantly surprised to see WOAI has the Alaskan Air scheduled to arrive/depart from Deadhorse/Prudhoe as per their schedule, so that was pretty neat.

I also downloaded the Snow Dog stuff, but didn't see any AI activity. Any thoughts on where I need to go to see any specific changes?

Have a good day,
Barb
Barbr
Captain
Captain

Postby aussiewannabe » Tue May 12, 2009 8:36 am

I would suggest you go to one of the airports and while there change the time of day to see if any traffic moves.
HP Media Center Photosmart m7260n | 3.0GHz Intel Pentium D 830 | 2 GB RAM | 320 GB HD | Sapphire X1950 GT 512MB | Silencer 610 Watt PSU

[center][img]
http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/aussie_sig1.jpg
aussiewannabe
Major
Major

Postby jt » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:46 pm

I work at Prudhoe Bay. ConocoPhillips and BP have 2 private 737-800 jetliners that make daily flights from Anchorage. A bunch of smaller companies run people from there to other North Slope destinations. BP also uses a Twin Otter and CASA to move people to some of the smaller, more remote fields. I can find more info for you if anyone wants it.
jt
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates