Overall Curiosity: Adding AI Traffic

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Overall Curiosity: Adding AI Traffic

Postby b108 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:05 am

I just recently found this section, so I thought I'd ask while I was thinking about it.

I guess what I want to know is how you do it. That's pretty broad, I know. Lets assume these specifications first, and then you guys can try and hlep after you get a better feel for what it is that I'm looking for.

1) First of all, I have FSX Standard Edition with SP1.
2) I want to add/download COMMERCIAL jet aircraft using some kind of AI Air Traffic Software.
4) I want those aircraft to be miscellaneous NORTH AMERICAN aircraft and miscellaneous NORTH AMERICAN airlines. I don't want a Qantas A330 landing at Chicago O'Hare, for example.
5) This should really narrow it down: the Software must be FREEWARE ONLY. NO PAYWARE.
6) And, of course, I would like to have software that is not going to harm my computer or slow it down a whole lot.

So, that's it, I guess. Fire away-I don't know anything about this stuff. I've seen a few things on Payware sites that are AI aircraft, and they fit these descriptions, but that's Payware. But you all probably know what I'm talking about, judging by the other topics in this particular forum!

Oh, and one last thing. In FSX Free Flight, I have programmed the setting so that there is very little general aviation aircraft, and so it's mostly commercial jets, etc. But that, for some reason, has only made more general aviation aircraft pop up-they're now just flying under the callsign of an airline. So now I have Cessnas sitting at gates, and fewer airliners. Why is this? Can I fix it? Or will I just have to put "General Aviation" amount settings down to zero? I am reffering to the settings page in the simulator, defined under something like "Air and Land Traffic."

So, anyways, that's it. Looking forward to some feedback.
b108
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Overall Curiosity: Adding AI Traffic

Postby Frequent Flyer » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Try World of AI (also known as WOAI).
I use it for more than a week now and I'm very satisfied.
First of all, it allows you very easy installation of airlines of your choice - and there are many packages offered for download.
Also, it runs very smoothly and FSX works without any lags even when I fly to busy airports.

Check it out at http://www.world-of-ai.com/

Since Avsim isn't operational at the moment you will have to download the Airline Packages from flightsim.com (download links availble here - on the left-most side of the table. Download the installer here - you must register to flightsim.com to download it).

Please ask if you have any questions.

P.s. you can press on the Country title in the table to order the airlines by countries, which will make it easier choosing only U.S/Canada based airlines.
Frequent Flyer
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates