World of AI...Problem Help!!!

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

World of AI...Problem Help!!!

Postby Bhav » Fri May 29, 2009 1:06 pm

I cannot seem to post this problem on the WOAI forums, so I'll try here I'm desperate...

I'm looking for some serious help with a problem I seem to have with re-installing some packages. I installed a few using the installer in the correct way (as I have done it before), but a few days later, my system started having issues and I had to use system restore to put my system back a few weeks. This caused me to restore my system to a point prior to the date I actually installed my new WOAI packages.

I noticed on the sim that my new packages were not showing up anywhere in terms of the ai traffic at the airports. So I tried re-installing them using the installer. But I get an error message telling me it already exists on the system and asks me if I want to repair, so I say yes, but it then says the relevant aircraft cannot be found.

So I try to uninstall using the installer expert mode, the packages I installed show up on the list, but when I click 'Delete Airline' the same problem occurs, it tells me the aircraft cannot be found and then after pressing ok to the error, I get another error stating:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the aplication will close immediately.
Could no find a part of the path 'C:\FS2004\woai\scenery\Traffic_000_WoA_Thai Airways International_Wi07.bgl'  "

I'd be really grateful if you could help me with this issue, as I really want to be able to enjoy my AI once again. Many thanks!

Regards,

Bhav
Bhav
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: World of AI...Problem Help!!!

Postby Travis » Fri May 29, 2009 1:13 pm

It sounds like the AI exists in the system registry, but the actual package is no longer on your system.  I'm not sure about removing things from the system reg, and I'm not sure you want to go mucking about in there as you could inadvertently mess something up that would kill your computer.

But you could try going to  "Control Panel-->Programs and Features" and seeing if the individual packages show up in the list of installed programs.  If they do, delete them there and then reinstall.  If not, the only other option I can think of is uninstalling WOAI and then starting over from scratch.  May be a PITA, but worth the time I'm sure.
Travis
Major
Major

Postby Bhav » Fri May 29, 2009 1:43 pm

Thanks for that Travis, that's exactly what I thought it would be with the system registry!

What's the best way of deleting WOAI from my system, I do not see it in my control panel programs list?

Also, when I try to 'delete airline' from the expert mode,  I have the same problem I mentioned.

So my worry is that even if I did uninstall WOAI and start over, the issue appears to be with the system registry, so will it not still detect the installed files on the registry and  dis-allow me from instalingl the same airlines I'm having issues with now? :(  I'm worried I'll be in square one again...or am I wrong?
Bhav
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Travis » Fri May 29, 2009 3:31 pm

Well, even if you are stuck exactly at where you are now, you will have eliminated possible problems.  Then you just have to narrow down the search.

The best way to delete it is to (most likely) run the setup program again.  It will probably give you the option of deleting the program from your system, or perhaps repairing it.  Either way,  you may have to simply remove it manually.  That's possible, but I won't go into it unless absolutely necessary.

If you do have to eventually go into the system registry, I would suggest going to a site that specializes in such matters, or contact MS.  They could probably help you with this better than I can.
Travis
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates