AIFPC bgl WOAI question

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

AIFPC bgl WOAI question

Postby j76ny » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:11 pm

I've got the decompiler WOAI installer and an few packages for my locale airport. I'd like to set things right so I can have real world airlines and my default GA but when I start up the AIFPC to "find" the package.....nothing. Is there any set order I need to do things in (install package first/ decompile...)?

Thanks
j76ny
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: AIFPC bgl WOAI question

Postby dave3cu » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:45 pm

You first have to install the package(s) using the WOAI installer.

If you then wish to convert the WOAI 'traffic*.bgl' files to FSX format you start AIFPC and decompile and compile the WOAI 'traffic*.bgl' files into FSX format. (Location of the 'traffic*.bgl' files-..\Flight
Last edited by dave3cu on Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby j76ny » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks for your help. Unfortunatly when I run the installer I get this an unhandeled exception error that tells me access to that path is denied.
j76ny
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dave3cu » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:07 am

Just a couple of thoughts....don't know if any apply to your error.

-You cannot run the WOAI installer from the .zip file. You must unzip to a folder of your choice and run 'WOAI Installer.exe' from that folder.

-Does the WOAI Installer show the correct 'FSX path' to your FSX main folder? If not, use the browse button, [...] at the end of the 'FSX Path' line, to locate your FSX main folder. On the 'FSX Subfolder' line make sure it points to SimObjects\Airplanes (or if you have created/configured another folder for your ai aircraft, point to it).

-Do you run the Vista OS? May be a Vista UAC security issue. Make sure you're logged in as administrator, and run 'WOAI Installer.exe' as administrator.

Dave
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby j76ny » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:05 am

Thanks Dave. I'm at work right now and can't do anything with the game but I wanted to answer your questions. I'm using Vista, the paths are correct and I've unzipped the installer. I'll try running it as the admin. when I get home in the morning and let you know how things turn out.
j76ny
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby j76ny » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:32 am

Thank you Dave it worked :D :D :D!!!

I can't believe how easy that was after all was said and done. I've had FSX on 2 computers and the last time I tried to fix this I ended up moving "this" file to "that" folder and assigning priority over.....

Needless to say things got pretty messed up and I gave up on the Cessnas and Mauls. Not this time.

Thank You
j76ny
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby dave3cu » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:36 am

Glad to hear you got it working.   :)

Dave
dave3cu
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates