How do I manually install WoAI airlines please?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

How do I manually install WoAI airlines please?

Postby gypsymoth » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:23 pm

I have a problem with the WoAI installer (the target window is greyed out & there is no button to use)  so I thought I'd have a go at installing airlines manually.     I can use the installer to get a folder (Air Asia [Thailand] for example0 with an aircraft & scenery folders. I'm happy to install the flight plan but am not sure what to do if/when asked if I want to overwrite when I get to the aircraft folder. I'd appreciate some help  as I don't want to overwrite something I shouldn't.  Thanks.

I use the installer as admin by the way & getting new installers doesn't help.  
When the c**p hits the fan, get a tent.
gypsymoth
Captain
Captain

Re: How do I manually install WoAI airlines please?

Postby dave3cu » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:00 pm

I recommend you not use the manual install. Trying to add subsequent aircraft, in particular aircraft.cfg entries and textures can be painstaking.

Sounds like the installer can't find the registry entry for the sim. Go here and download the FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool. http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library.

After downloading, simply run the .exe and you'll be asked to locate your FS9.exe (or FSX.exe). Once the is repaired the installer should work.

Dave  
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby gypsymoth » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:56 pm

Thanks for that Dave but it hasn't worked.  The installer still has 2004 greyed out.
I have manually installed Air France & Horizon Air - both show up at SeaTac & Heathrow so I'm not sure what else I can do with an installer that doesn't work.  I have put messages on WoAI installer forum but have heard nothing & don't know what else to do.
gypsymoth
Captain
Captain

Postby dave3cu » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:23 pm

Did you get an error message the first time you started WOAI Installer saying it couldn't find fs9.exe? (you don't get this message on subsequent starts just the grayed out line)

Is there a dialog line below the 'Target' line for 'FS2004 path:'. If so try using it's
Last edited by dave3cu on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby gypsymoth » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:20 am

Hi there.  Absolutely no to renaming anything like that!!!  
There is a dialogue line for FS2004 path but it's blank (in my XP it shows the path) & clicking the button gets a search window to select WoAI packages.

I've been asking for help at WoA forums & I've just learned that often the installer won't work with Vista64.  They haven't tested it in real V64 just 'virtual' V64.   I'm not the only one with problems it seems.

I'm thinking of installing the airlines I want into folders in my XP machine's FS9  by renaming Aircraft & scenery, puting new scenery & Aircrat folders in so I get the flight plans & aircraft I want, pop them into a memory stick for popping into V64, them renaming the orginal folders.   If the installer wion't work this might be the easiest way of getting my AI. :-?
gypsymoth
Captain
Captain

Postby dave3cu » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:57 pm

So when you click the browse button next to the 'FS2004 path' dialogue line (the bottom line) it only lets you search for *.zip files instead of fs9.exe?

Have you tried setting 'compatibility mode' for the 'WOAI Installer.exe' file?

Dave
Last edited by dave3cu on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates