Why do all the WOAI planes use the same runway?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Why do all the WOAI planes use the same runway?

Postby Barbr » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:41 pm

Hello gals & guys!

I'm new to this forum, so please be nice ;), and so far I've loved my experience with FSX and World of AI planes (thanks to my hubby!).
Last edited by ShaneG_old on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbr
Captain
Captain

Re: Why do all the WOAI planes use the same runway?

Postby Anxyous » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:45 pm

I would suggest turning down your AI traffic settings.

:)
Anxyous
Major
Major

Postby BFMF » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:52 pm

wow, that sure is a LOT of traffic. I would also suggest turning your AI down a bit.

Are you sure the the AI traffic is not using parallel runways at all?

Also, please upload all images to the SimV server before posting, as linking images tends to slow the forums down
Last edited by BFMF on Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BFMF
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Barbr » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:19 pm

Oops, sorry about the photo linking. How do I upload photos here?

I'm pretty sure they're all using the active runway. Not only that, but all the planes waiting to take-off use the same runway too!! Those photos are from Atlanta Int'l where it is particularly bad.

All I can do right now is just ask for a different runway approach  :-/
Barbr
Captain
Captain

Postby Anxyous » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:23 pm

Near the top of the page, there's an option called 'Upload Images' :)

Images can be no bigger than 1024 pixels wide, and 150 KB in size :)
Anxyous
Major
Major

Postby mjrhealth » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:33 pm

Download AISMOOTH for FSX it will help reduce the AI by putting them into patterns, its not perfect but it helps. I do hope FS11 had better traffic management. In YSSY which has parallel runways they do use both. Its a good idea when using AISMOOTH to load it s soon as you have loaded your flight and give t a few minutes to allow the traffic to setltle. If you laod it before you load your fliht is sometimes times out and has to be reloaded.
AMD P2 1090t CPU,4.1 GHZ. 8Gig DDr3 1600 MHz cas 9, ram, Nvidia GTX 560 ti 1 gig Video, Sound Blaster XFI Extreme audio
mjrhealth
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby SubZer0 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:35 pm

Try keeping your traffic at or under 59%. That level of setting stops the traffic from going as crazy as this
[center][img]http://www.simviation.com/phpupload/uploads/1369006030.jpg[/img][/center]
SubZer0
Major
Major

Postby Barbr » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:23 pm

Great, thanks for all the suggestions! I was at 71%, and no wonder it was so busy!

This is what the ground was like at 71%! It's like Finding Waldo with so many planes on the ground...  seemed quite realistic, though.

When I google'ed for AI Smooth I found AI Separation instead. What is the difference?

-Barb
Last edited by Barbr on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbr
Captain
Captain

Postby mjrhealth » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:52 am

they both do the same thing in different ways.

here latest aismooth fo fsx

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=92849
AMD P2 1090t CPU,4.1 GHZ. 8Gig DDr3 1600 MHz cas 9, ram, Nvidia GTX 560 ti 1 gig Video, Sound Blaster XFI Extreme audio
mjrhealth
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby lunitic_8 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:00 pm

or the are just using the Active runway?? :-?
Last edited by lunitic_8 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1TB HDD + 256GB SSD
lunitic_8
Major
Major

Postby Kevin Jarvis » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:37 pm

With all due respect to those simmers who suggested to turn down your AI traffic...that is a good way to do it but maybe not so realistic..??

With most AI flightplans portraying real life, if you were on approach during a 'busy' time, then you should have lots of traffic. Depending on the AFCAD they may all tend to land on the same runway.

Using AI Smooth, or Separator might be the way to go. This way you keep all the traffic that we all know Atlanta sees, but you will give them some separation so as not to clog your approach.

Since I'm not an FSX user, I'm afraid I can't tell you much about how AFCADs work in this version.
If it were FS9 and I had this problem I might just use a 2nd AFCAD. That way there would be 1 runway for arrivals and 1 for departures.
I fly

Kevin Jarvis
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Fooling the electronic brain for departures/arrivals

Postby hypersonics » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:55 pm

To get the planes to take-off from one runway, and land on another, you need to d/l AFCAD v1.4.0 for FS2002. If using FS2004 , you will need AFCAD v2.21. These programs alter airport features as well as building of airports within MS Flight Simulator(FS2002, FS2004) world.

First, you need to open up the AFCAD program, and click the open file and open the KLAS airport.

At KLAS they use 25R for T/O and 25L for landing primarily. So we need to adjust the length of the runway 25L. We need to make it appear longer to the computer, but not to the eye. Plane will still land and take-off from the beginning of the runway, not the middle of the airport.

Second, after opening KLAS in AFCAD, we zoom in and double click on runway 25R, which will turn yellow, and note the length of the runway which is 14505 feet. Close the window, without modifying ANYTHING. Now move to the runway 25L and open it in the same way that we opened 25R. Now adjust the length of the runway to anything longer than 25R, we used 14506', and under the reciprocal and base ends(left side of window), close the runway using the restrictions drop down menu. You need to do this on both sides, 25L/07R. Now click "OK" and save the airport(use the save command), as this will modify the actual file to FS2K2.

Now, go back and start the sim, if you did it correctly, you will see the file being rebuilt, and other things. Now go to KLAS, and wait, and you will notice that incoming aircraft use 25L for landing, and 25R for T/O.

You are basically fooling the electronic brain.

Ferm
hypersonics
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates