PAI Auto Installs

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

PAI Auto Installs

Postby speecal48 » Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:31 am

Sorry to bother all of you out there but I'll try to make this short as you are dealing with a dedicated flight sim fan but a "computer moron" when it comes to doing anything more than "double click"...my problem is..I've downloaded several PAI flights plans with planes...with the "auto install"..they have all been installed...showing up in Traffic Tools...etc...etc.  but the planes for United....Southwest...USAir...etc do not show up on FS2002 when I program them on Traffic Tools...the Delta 767 and 727 and the ATA connection planes DO show up especially when I start from Chicago's Midway..it is really something to see...anyway I can't get the other planes to show up..they are all listed in my fs2002 aircraft folder but are not listed in the "select aircraft" option in fs2002 ....the Delta planes are listed as well as the saab340's ATA but no other PAI plane...I'm looking for a easy fix..I've asked this before and was told to go in the "airfile" of each aircraft and do something...remember I can't do much more than "double click"  I'm just looking for an easy answer ...if not I'll have to live with it I guess...thanks for suggestions...
speecal48
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: PAI Auto Installs

Postby JW » Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:16 am

Many AI-only airplanes are just the model with textures. Panels will be missing. Also they have a property set in the *.air-file, so they won't show up in the list of FS2002 aircraft.
So, if you want to fly them (as you say you are looking for them in the list of planes in FS2002, I assume you want to fly them), you must fix some items, add a panel for them. This is not difficult, but if you say you are
Last edited by JW on Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
JW
Captain
Captain

Postby speecal48 » Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:55 am

J-dubb..
thanks for the help...but my problem is I don't want to fly these planes..I just want them to show up as AI planes and they are not....I've downloaded several auto installs from PAI such as USAir..United..West Jet. Southwest...etc...I've also downloaded Delta and ATA Chicago connection...a Delta 727 and 767 and many Saab 340's are the only aircraft that show up when I run fs2002 as AI traffic...I believe everything installed correctly from the auto install from PAI...I tried reinstalling them a few times..I use AITraffic 1.0 and create flight plans trying to use the AI planes but they simply do not show up....in fact I loaded a flight using the PAI USAir A320 and the flight announced itself to ATC but when I took a look in spot view it was the American Pacific 737!!....I' read about some suggestions of editing the "air file" but when I click on that it says  windows cannot open this file...this is where it gets a little to technical for me...I'm just looking for an easy fix ...if possible...I've also tried contacting PAI personnel from their web site but I get a window thats says "Client email not installed" or words to that effect....I hope this explaines my problem a little more and thanks again for the help  
speecal48
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Craig. » Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:47 pm

i have had the same problem. i also had a problem with textures not showing up for certain airlines. i uninstalled two or three of the ones i had that didnt seem to work and then others that i had that wouldnt show up seemed to work. so maybe trying to get rid of one or two may work if not i really dont know what else could be done
Craig.
Colonel
Colonel

Postby RollerBall » Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:56 pm

Gotta say that I haven't run any PAI auto installs so I can't talk here from experience.

But..

1. have you loaded the PAI master 'basic' installer that puts all their 'empty' aircraft shells in your aircraft folder

2. have you then loaded each airline installer correctly so you have converted empty shells to 'real' AI aircraft

3. have you removed the default AIs from the TTools aircraft.txt file (doesn't sound as though you have to me)

4. have you removed/edited the original fligytplans in the flightplans.txt file that were used by the default AI aircraft

5. are all the descriptions of the new planes correct in aircraft.txt ie do they agree EXACTLY with each title in each corresponding aircraft.cfg file

6. do the flightplans that have been created refer to the correct aircraft in the TTools aircaft.txt file

7. do you have enough gates of the right size at each airport to accomodate the aircarft you have plans for (doesn't sound like it)

8. have the flightplans compiled correctly? When you run the decompiler and open flightplans.txt again with Notepad, are the results what you expect!

There's a few things to check to be going on with!! Unfortunately everything to do with this AI stuff has to be EXACT - close means it won't work!

Roger

PS if set up correctly AI ONLY aircraft DO NOT appear in the select aircraft menu
Last edited by RollerBall on Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RollerBall

Postby Mr. Bones » Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:35 am

i have the same problem. some of the packages work fine, others don't. i reinstalled fs, and the same packages aren't working.

do you have to remove the default AI traffic? (like rollerbal said) and are there other things to do to make this stuff work?
Raw power...the J-58.

My Anet collection.
Mr. Bones
Major
Major

Postby RollerBall » Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:19 am

No you don't have to remove the default stuff but in this case I understand some substitutions had been made that hadn't worked properly.

Also, most people who install new AI are looking for more realism and that the default stuff is NOT - so you get rid of it.

Ater all, do you want Orbit, American Pacific etc flying, taxying and parking with all your lovely new British Airways, American, Lufthansa, Air France and so on?

I don't think so!
RollerBall

Postby Mr. Bones » Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:14 am

that's true
Raw power...the J-58.

My Anet collection.
Mr. Bones
Major
Major

Postby f14driver » Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:12 am

On the downloads from Project AI www.projectai.flight1.net  section certified resources is an manual how to install Project AI aircraft both manually and automaticly  
f14driver
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates