ALREADY USED TTOOL BUT NO AI AIRCRAFT ,WHY ?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

ALREADY USED TTOOL BUT NO AI AIRCRAFT ,WHY ?

Postby PAUL PAN » Tue Feb 25, 2003 1:55 am

who can tell me why ? i download some ai aircraft from website www.flightsimnetwork. and unzipped and put it into aircraft folder with fs2002 default aircraft under fs2002 . and i edit three new aircraft ang give number to it in aircraft .txt and save it . then , i edit flight plan in flight plan .txt and save it . well , run tcomplier and i found three more aircraft and flight plan more . but when i run fs2002 and give time , i can not find this three aircraft and i wait so long . there is no landing . please explain reason. in flight plan txt ,it is like this AC#39,N0003,65%,12Hr,VFR,09:50:33,11:50:06,150,F,0003,WMKL,14:24:35,16:35:08,140,F,0003,WMKP

departure time =09:50 am , i should find this aircraft in wmkl airport but no aircraft . please explain .
thanks . paul
PAUL PAN

Re: ALREADY USED TTOOL BUT NO AI AIRCRAFT ,WHY ?

Postby Mr. Bones » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:12 am

three things i can come up with you probably did wrong:

1. you say you gave your a/c's a number in the aircraft.txt file. good, but keep in mind that the numbers of the aircraft are the same as the ones in the specific flightplan that a/c has to fly.

2. when you set your time, make sure it is zulu time or local time, or system time,... (don't know which one but lots of people have problems with that)

3. make sure your "title" of every aircraft in the aircraft.txt file corresponds with the title in the aircraft.cfg file.

example:
in my aircraft.cfg file of the PAI A319 i find the following:

[fltsim.3]
title=PAI A319 AFR (->look beneeth)
sim=pai319v2
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=AFR
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_airline=AIR FRANCE
atc_flight_number=0001
ui_manufacturer=Project AI
ui_type=Airbus A319
ui_variation=Air France
atc_heavy=0
description=Project Ai A319 Only for use with Ai Traffic!

in the aircraft.txt file you must find:
AC#39,450,"PAI A319 AFR" (the same as the 'title' above!!!)

it's very easy: you have an aircraft in your aircraft folder. you link this aircraft to an aircraft number in your aircraft.txt file (with the title) and you link every aircraft in the aircraft.txt file to a flightplan (with the AC#... number)

hope this helps, if not, please ask again.
Raw power...the J-58.

My Anet collection.
Mr. Bones
Major
Major

Postby PAUL PAN » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:17 pm

dear sir , i following your procedure . still , i can not see this ai plane . first of all , i find aircraft.cfg in fs2002 aircraft folder and click it . and i find there is only [fltsim.0],then , i do like this :

[fltsim.0]
title=Shorts SD3-60_AI_Sunstate
sim=sd360_ai
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
checklists=
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=VH-MVW
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_airline=AIR SUNSTATE
atc_flight_number=0001
ui_manufacturer=Project AI
ui_type=Shorts
ui_variation=AIR SUNSTATE
description=Project Ai sd3-60 Only for use with Ai Traffic!

save it . and i open aircraft .txt and give it like this :
ac#37 ,211 ,  Shorts SD3-60_AI_Sunstate

and i create flight plan in flight plan txt. like follow:
AC#37,0001,65%,12Hr,VFR,09:24:27,11:15:53,115,F,5547,WMKP,21:24:16,23:15:32,105,F,5540,WMKL

well , EVERYTHING IS OK . RUN COMPLIER AND FS2002 AND IN WMKP AIRPORT , I SET TIME 9:24 AND THERE IS NO AIRCRAFT AI . ONLY OTHER OLD AIRCRAFT . PLEASE HELP ME .

another thing , can you tell me how to see other aircraft landing and taking off in the runway . how to give key . please advise .

paul
PAUL PAN

Postby RollerBall » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:55 am

For starters try changing your aircraft.txt file to read

ac#37,211,"Shorts SD3-60_AI_Sunstate"

etc

And your posting was full of extra spaces - if they are in your aircraft.txt file take em out, they could be affecting it
RollerBall

Postby Mr. Bones » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:18 am

you hit the nail on the head roger!
Raw power...the J-58.

My Anet collection.
Mr. Bones
Major
Major

Postby RollerBall » Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:04 am

;)

He he

Dunno, we'll have to wait and see Ken
RollerBall

Postby paul pan » Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:27 pm

well , i follow your procedure . still i could not see that aircraft and i set every time . still not find that aircraft . please tell me what is worng with me ? please tell me exactly . i edit in aircraft.txt and flight plan .txt created from ttool . or i should download any other facility for ai plane . i forget to say , when i download ai plane , i unzipped it and put them into fs2002/aircraft/---- . or i put wrong . and i should put it to other place . please explain .

paul
paul pan

Postby Mr. Bones » Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:41 am

you put in the right folder, but take a look into the folder of that aircraft. which folders do you find there (model, texture, panel, sound) or only a texture folder?
Raw power...the J-58.

My Anet collection.
Mr. Bones
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates