Easier Aircraft Placement?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Easier Aircraft Placement?

Postby LTCSZ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:59 am

This may be a hopeless question, buy here goes: I have been using AI Traffic to place aircraft at airports to use as static aircraft...I just create as flight plan that will fly them in the middle of the night and bring them back to the airport so they sit there all day...This is time consuming and can be tricky...Is there any way of placing aircraft at an airport that is easier? I don't care if they ever move, taxi, fly or whatever...I just want them to be visible at the airport...I would want to be able to place both flyable airplanes as well as AI models...Thanks for any advice!
LTCSZ
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Easier Aircraft Placement?

Postby LTCSZ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:56 pm

If you are familiar enough with the program: Do you need to create a flight plan first before you can place an aircraft? Thanks
LTCSZ
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Ratty » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:56 am

No flight plan necessary. I've barely scratched the surface, but I placed all my A2A aircraft outside my hangar so I can see them as I fly by. :) As far as I can tell, you can place any aircraft in your library anywhere and see it from another plane, and jump into it at will.
Ratty
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby hjwalter » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Have you ever considered using the SAMM software to create your own static aircraft, based on any of your existing AI or even on any of your flyable aicraft ? The program is very easy to use but you will then also need an "object placemet" program like the payware and fantastic Abacus EZ Object placement program. Both these programs can be found either in the existing FS sites or via Google.
However, beware. Once you've got yourself going with these programs you will be hooked for the rest of your simming days/years.

Good luck
Hans
hjwalter
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates