Can I get default AI traffic back?

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Can I get default AI traffic back?

Postby Galax17 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:26 am

Installed dublin_x airport into my FSX SE with its installer by changing the installpath from fsx to the corresponding path for fsxse. It also installed AI traffic which I now want to get rid off because the default AI is gone and where I would have say 30 AI Aircraft I now get zero,1 or 2. F.e at my homeairport Stockholm Arlanda. Easiest way would be to uninstall dublin_x but I cant find an uninstaller anywhere. The Airport went to addonscenery but I also got a bunch of new AI Aircraft in Simobjets/Aircraft. And who knows what other changes the installer made. Can I get rid of everything it installed and get the default AI back?
Galax17
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Can I get default AI traffic back?

Postby bretched » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:51 pm

most likely you added some AI files that were written for FS9... Look for a FS9 to FSX flight plan converter and convert all the traffic files to FSX.
FSX Acceleration.. FSrealWX..VLSO..AICarriers...FSWC....WOAI...MilitaryAI....Windows 10....
bretched
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Galax17 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:38 am

Installed and ran the flightplan converter but couldnt find any plans to convert. Had no idea what I was doin though as I know nothing about AI traffic. Ive just used the default AI with sliders set at 70% and 25%. Now with both sliders at 100% I only get a fraction of AI traffic compared to lower slidersettings with default. Thats not good. The new AI traffic is much cooler though with lufthansa, Ryanair, Iberia, Swiss liverys instead of defaults Orbit etc. So could I get more of those or both it would be fine. But having 4-5 AI Aircraft at big Airports like Schiphol( Default) and Frankfurt (payware) compared to the up to 50 I had Before dublin x install isnt ok.
Galax17
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Galax17 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:10 am

Got it fixed. I deleted all AI Aircraft that installer had put in simobjects/airplanes and also everything in scenery/World/scenery that seemed to belong to it. Left the Airport in addonscenery. And now default AI is back with lots of airplanes at the Airports. Too bad the nice liveries had to go but had no choice. I also did the verify integrity gamecache thing in Steam prior to this which didnt help then but maybe helped after the deleting. :D
Galax17
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby bretched » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:15 pm

use the ai traffic converter on the traffic.bgl files, the files in the scenery/world area... It took me ages to figure it out, but once I did, I have a mix of default and addon AI traffic..
FSX Acceleration.. FSrealWX..VLSO..AICarriers...FSWC....WOAI...MilitaryAI....Windows 10....
bretched
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Galax17 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Ok thank you. I will try it later on.
Galax17
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Rao Shaheryar » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:54 am

You should now have the default AI traffic on your system folder, so if you need to return an aircraft to the fs2020 aircraft folder you have it backed up Once you get it where you like, you can then delete the backup copies. Thank You!!
Rao Shaheryar
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates