AI Aircraft

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

AI Aircraft

Postby newenglandpatriot » Tue May 31, 2016 2:14 pm

hello to everyone out there. Never really looked at this site before,my mistake perhaps. But I have a problem, I downloaded ai AI aircraft for 2004. And want to know where to put the thing in my sim. Don,t know anything about the program , so any help would be great. I have the major airlines From WoA already on the system ,they work great ,but that's as far as I know I also have a steam version of FSX. But I,ve had my 2004 for a while now ) and its an old friend.
newenglandpatriot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: AI Aircraft

Postby bretched » Tue May 31, 2016 3:07 pm

Find your main FS folder, then find the aircraft folder and put your downloaded plane in it...
FSX Acceleration.. FSrealWX..VLSO..AICarriers...FSWC....WOAI...MilitaryAI....Windows 10....
bretched
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby newenglandpatriot » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:40 am

Yeah I get that, but the AI stuff only has textures , and the aircraft cfg wording. How is that going to show up in the flightsim. Surely it needs more .
newenglandpatriot
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Any chance of a file name so somebody can download the file to check it out?

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Shadowcaster » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:58 pm

I could be reading this wrong but have you made a flight plan for the aircraft.

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby Azframer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:08 pm

I don't have FS2004 but my last install of FSX and install of WoA aircraft I created a AI Airplane folder keeping them separate. Last time combined was just a mess to keep track of what was what.

Rick
Azframer
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby tgibson » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:16 pm

The text file (or caption of the download site) should have told you what base pack (i.e. complete plane) was required for this repaint. You will need to install that first, then this texture folder and aircraft.cfg file entry need to go into that folder.
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby blue-aviator-82 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:56 pm

newenglandpatriot wrote:hello to everyone out there. Never really looked at this site before,my mistake perhaps. But I have a problem, I downloaded ai AI aircraft for 2004. And want to know where to put the thing in my sim. Don,t know anything about the program , so any help would be great. I have the major airlines From WoA already on the system ,they work great ,but that's as far as I know I also have a steam version of FSX. But I,ve had my 2004 for a while now ) and its an old friend.

I recently ran into something similar and had a couple of days of trouble before I figured out what I needed to do for it all to work. I downloaded TTools [url](http://simviation.com//fs2004utilities1.htm[/url]) which makes it super easy. However, there is something that you must do before using TTools, you need to use navigate to the main FS2004 (Flight Simulator 9) folder > Scenery > World > scenery and select the Traffic#####.bgl file (NOTE: The # will be actual numbers I don't know whether they will be the same as mine). Right click the Traffic file and edit the permissions to allow the files to be modified. Once you've done that, you should be able to edit the file and add your AI Aircraft information including the Airports that they will operate at and the flightplans of the AI aircraft. The information that you need to insert should be available with the aircraft files you downloaded. I hope this helps. <<s
blue-aviator-82
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby garymbuska » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:42 am

newenglandpatriot wrote:hello to everyone out there. Never really looked at this site before,my mistake perhaps. But I have a problem, I downloaded ai AI aircraft for 2004. And want to know where to put the thing in my sim. Don,t know anything about the program , so any help would be great. I have the major airlines From WoA already on the system ,they work great ,but that's as far as I know I also have a steam version of FSX. But I,ve had my 2004 for a while now ) and its an old friend.

First things first
From your post it sounds like you have downloaded what are called repaints which are textures only and not a complete aircraft. Files like these are meant to be added to an existing aircraft creating what is called another variation.
A good example of this is to look at the default B737-400 you will notice several variations of the same aircraft or a different paint scheme one for say United Airlines one for say Delta airlines and so forth. Every airline has its own paint scheme it uses for its aircraft.
In order to add a variation you have to change the existing aircraft cfg file for the plane you want to put it in. While this is not difficult you have to follow a specific pattern or way.
Just look at the default B737-400 and follow it.
The file you download will tell you if this is just textures only and even if it does not it is obvious if this is a repaint or a complete aircraft.
A complete aircraft should have the following folders in it (Be careful here as not all designers put there files in the correct folder I have seen a few that are not in any folders at all which really makes you have to work to figure out what goes where)
Model
Panel
Sound
and a aircraft cfg file
A repaint will only have textures in it they may be inside of a texture folder but not always.
The bottom line is you need to under stand the difference between the two. What ever you do don't I repeat DO NOT download anything directly into FS9 or FSX
Make a folder anyplace outside the main FSX or FS9 folder. Failure to do so will create problems for you.
If you are unsure of what or how to add AI aircraft in any of the simulators you can find help in this or either the FS9 or FSX forum as well.
<<v
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates