black boxes on the airport ??

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

black boxes on the airport ??

Postby snoopy51 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:13 am

Hi, I have D/L EBBL Kleine-Brogel AB in Belgium to my FSX, and when I opened the airbase with ADE to attach some parking codes for my ai flightplans; I had discovered that there was a lot of Black boxes on airport an no Buildings at all, only a few static F-16 and some cars was all to see. I have tried to contact the builder Peter Ziegler, but his e-mail is not working together with his homepage so no help there.
Do anyone have a suggestion to what I am missing(the package D/L from flightsim.com is more than 16MB in size).
I have attached a view to show the "black boxes"
Hope that I am a little bit more lucky this time to get some suggestions, than my previous topic about all my ai airplanes are White on distance. :)

regards from Denmark
Snoopy51
Attachments
EBBL view.pdf
view from my ADE
(243.86 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: black boxes on the airport ??

Postby pegger » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:31 am

Those are "Library Objects" which are not referenced in your copy of ADE. Therefore ADE does not know what they are and displays the black box.

Are you trying to use those objects again, or just adding parking?
If parking is all you need, then only compile the airport bgl, and keep the object placement bgl that came with the download intact.

If you want to manipulate the objects, then you need a library of them and their textures.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby snoopy51 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi, pegger, thanks for your reply
Yea thats what I thought it was, the big questions are now, where do I get these scenery objects ?, is it textures that is shared/used with several airports ? and where do I have to put them(meaning install them) maybe as an ordinary scenery in FSX?
regards Snoopy51
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pegger » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:05 am

If i'm understanding properly, you don't need to install them. They already exist in the scenery folder you have for that airport. See if you can figure out what bgl files are the library objects used in the project and try to add them as libraries in your ADE

But heres the problem, as I understand it. The objects may or may not be their own entity in the project. How can you know? Simple...look at the original download you have for that scenery. And look for a file with the tag _obj.bgl

If you have one, you are in luck. You can simply change the ADE settings to compile seperate airport and object bgl files, and recompile the airport to only modify the parking like you want to. The fact that these objects show up when you open the airport bgl however, leads me to believe this is not the case.

From my amature experiance, without the authors original object library, there may not be much you can do about it.

Maybe someone here with more knowledge can give you a better option.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Capt_Cronic » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:52 am

have you tried to run the scenery as is, does it work ?
if it does, the library objects are already installed in your flight sim.
iirc, you can direct your scenery program to look in the games scenery folder
for the objects in question.
ASUS P8Z77-VLK, I5-3570k @ 4.4ghz, G.SKILL 16gb 1600, GTX 570 2560MB GDDR5, 2x OCZ Vertex 4 128Gb SSD SATA 3,
WD 500GB SATA 3, ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 3, OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular, Samsung 52" lcd, Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Capt_Cronic
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:51 pm

We Flight Simmers from the Olden Days, often knew that we needed to have installed; "Nova", and "Nova Gold" textures into our main Texture Folder, for many buildings to appear with their proper textures in place, (otherwise they were just appeared as black objects!).

This was mainly for FS 2002 and FS 2004, but may also be required for FSX which may include some older scenery files?

Paul....from The Olden Days... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby pegger » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:02 pm

To clarify fellas...
The OP has downloaded a scenery. The scenery I presume works fine. The issue is regarding the black boxes generated in ADE. The OP has opened the downloaded airport BGL in ADE, and because his ADE does not have a definition for a library containing the "objects" placed about in the new add-on airport, all of these objects are shown as a black square.

I like to think I might know how to get around the problem, but I'm not sure I know how to explain it.

It involves searching the "scenery" folder of the new airport, and figuring out which bgl files are the scenery library files. They had to be included with the download otherwise they would not show up inside FSX at all. The airport bgl simply tells FSX where to place what object.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby snoopy51 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:47 am

I follow with big interest all your replys and to inform You, I have now, attached a file showing which bgl files are contented in the EBBL scenery folder, as the names on the bgl files show, I think that the objects are inside them, but the big question is, how to get them out and work in the scenery.
(the only things showing on the airbase, are the fence around the airbase and a few radio antenna, and as mentioned eariler 3 F-16 and some car, not a single building or even a tower)

have any of You answer to all ai aircraft are White ?
how to get a free Tower view?, (meaning not follows user aircraft)
regards
Snoopy51
Attachments
EBBL scenery folder.pdf
(166.67 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
snoopy51
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pegger » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:05 am

You now need to add those bgl files as libraries into your ADE...everything except the ones with ADEX in the file name. Refer to the ADE user manual fir instructions on how to add libraries.

When you recompile the project, leave the bgl files and textures where they are now. Simply replace the ADEX files with the new ones you have generated. Make sure you have a backup of the original download. If you mess everything up you can always go back to the original to try again.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby tgibson » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:34 am

Use the Library Object Manager in ADE to add the object library BGL files. Then they should be in the Add/3D Object list and the black boxes should go away. Keep at it until they are all gone.
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates