Looking for gates to add to airports

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Looking for gates to add to airports

Postby stephan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 pm

Howdy folks. Been away for a couple months.Glad to be back,and crawling for answers again hahaha. Missed Simviation terribly. Got a question here... I have a program,called something like ADE 9 or something like that. LOVE this program.Beats AFCAD hands down. I added gates to KCLE stock airport and even put a nice NASA bldg in the place of the stock one. The program may come with scenery buildings and radars and towers and such. Dont really know if it does,or if the program searches the FS9 scenery files for these images,but I have had fun upgrading my Cleveland airport. NOW... what I am looking for is a freeware package that would contain usable objects that the program can place in my airports. I tried to copy and paste objects from other airports,such as KORD,but those objects are data models and wont show. Does any one know if there is a file to download that contains user objects? I am mainly looking for a staircase on a truck for passenger offloading which I can place here and there on the airport property. Hope my request isnt too vague. Thanks for ANY help with this. // Stephan "Altitude With Attitude!"
stephan

Re: Looking for gates to add to airports

Postby Fozzer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:31 am

Hello Stephan...

Good to see you back again....(Still fighting with the Hells Angels?)... :lol: ...!

I tell you what I use to place objects from the Flight Sim Library, both default and add-on....

Select object, manoeuvre, size, and place...all with the Flight Sim running in real-time....>>>

Instant Scenery 3 http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=iscen3

Wonderfully easy!

Paul...still biking.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stephan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:55 am

Thank ya kindly sir! I'll give it a look see. Placing objects isnt really the problem tho. I am using ADE 9 and it works very well. Beats AFCAD hands down. But,rather than add gates to all my parking areas,and trying to size gates up to different AC types,I am looking for user objects library to download that may have a mobile staircase ( where the stairs are built onto a large truck...tho I dont need it to move. Just want it there for visual pleasantry rather than actual functionality) . None the less,I will check out the link you submitted.Always ready to try something different in the sim world. THANKS much again !!!
stephan

Postby EVVFCX » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:50 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry to jump on this thread but question might be useful:
To Paul:

Looks good for placing objects 'live'
Can you also remove objects such as trees that are close to runway and can be a problem if you are little low
on the approach.
Reason I'm curious is I'm getting 'terrain' alerts on some approaches that are perfect.

regards

Steve
EVVFCX
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:00 am

EVVFCX wrote:Hi Guys,

Sorry to jump on this thread but question might be useful:
To Paul:

Looks good for placing objects 'live'
Can you also remove objects such as trees that are close to runway and can be a problem if you are little low
on the approach.
Reason I'm curious is I'm getting 'terrain' alerts on some approaches that are perfect.

regards

Steve

Hello Steve... :D ...!

Instant Scenery 3 is ideal for placing objects in existing scenery..easy-peasy...

...but a separate program to; "Exclude" scenery, would be required to remove existing objects!

If you are suffering annoying collisions with objects, etc, how about setting the Sim to "avoid collisions"?
It might be unrealistic.....but you don't die...which is always nice...I reckon... :dance: ...!

Paul....the Ultimate Cheat... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stephan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:59 am

Howdy back gents. I have been using ADE 9 and decided to look thru all the scenery downloads I have and have also downloaded more per snoopin' thru net files and have come across ONE mobile ladder for my ap KCLE. By the way...from my experience, ADE9 has removed all vegetation from my work area ( where I have added aprons and taxi ways and such). ADE 9 allows mw do disassemble bgl files and look for what add-on I need. It is a tedious process,and there are other programs that work real time so you dont have to start FS9 ... look at your modifications ... stop FS9 ... make adjustments and repeat the process MANY times till you get it just right (per your taste in precision),...but I am a little lazy and dont like learning these other programs and find out I need to download files to get them to work.In the past,and,with my luck,I have found several programs require additional programs and files for it to work,only to find those programs are no longer available.SOooooooooo,... I simply stick with what I know...ADE 9,and tho tedious,it DOES work.Finding my scenery items I want to add it the real task that remains such a pain. Luckily,I DID find my mobile ladder,tho I would have liked to have found a file containing several versions so I could add a small variety to my airport to break up the boredom of repeated scenery items. AGAIN,for me... ADE seems to have ''mowed down'' the vegetation,both at KCLE AND a new airport I created near Sanducky Ohio I labeled KLIQ, CIA operated, hehehehe.
stephan

Postby Fozzer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:47 pm

stephan wrote:Howdy back gents. ..... AGAIN, for me... ADE seems to have ''mowed down'' the vegetation, both at KCLE AND a new airport I created near Sanducky Ohio I labelled KLIQ, CIA operated, hehehehe.

Woo-Hoo... :dance: ...!

Now that Spring is on its way, Steph....

...maybe you can pop over here and mow my garden lawn for me while you are at it?

I've also got a few flowering shrubs you can trim, as well...

Maybe a nice Din-dins for you, as a treat?

Paul.... :lol: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stephan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Hahahaha!!! No way Paul !!! Physical labor isnt my cup o' tea at my age. I prefer to mow the grass Down-Under aboriginie style... toss a couple gallons o' gas on the lawn n strike a match! :lol:
stephan

Postby pegger » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Too bad we're talking fs9. I am working on an update to my KCLE scenery for fsx. It includes LOTs of custom built objects, including the expo center, the nasa hanger, the ups depot, the dhl depot, etc...

Right now I am working on the main terminal. Got it about 2/3 done.

Good luck with your fs9 scenery project
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:12 am

Thanks Pegger. I just finished mine this morning. It's not exactly like the real KCLE. For my own enjoyment,I added at the HASA area,a secure covert ops detachment unit,as well as the NASA bldg from Houston. The quonset style bldg of KCLE NASA that could be seen from rt 90 (I think it was rt 90) didnt trip my trigger,and the stock NASA scenery of FS9 sucks. In using the scenery editor,ADE9, I changed the parking there as well. Made them large enough for my default 747 that I repainted a super shiny steel gray,wiith the Foreign Legion/Mercenary wing in gold on the tail. I redid the flight plan to KCLE via Traffic Tools to get my modified 747 to park there. Since I couldnt get the AC to respond to my own fiction Airline name,I went with American Airlines,as no AA were scheduled to land in KCLE,and that left my 747 (which I copied and made an ai ac) to use the modified NASA gates and parking spaces.BUT... I noticed a problem. I get at times,up to 4 ac parking at the same parking space at the same time,and I ran the fault detector,and it shows all is good.Cant figure why several ac will park in one space when I have several opened,and identical to the one being used,except for the parking space designation number.I reassigned the spaces for American Airlines ONLY,and assigned my ai 747 as an American airliner as well.THEN,using Traffic Tools,I made sure no 2 ai 747 laanding at KCLE for NASA shared the same ATC id number. This is the last problem I have in my KCLE modification. I found the add on objects I needed and have the grounds set up per my liking.Now,I need to figure out what is causing the parking conflicts there.Once that is done,my KCLE will be finished. Anyone with any ideas as to what is causing this parking problem,please enlighten me.I am all out of ideas.
stephan

Postby tgibson » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Planes parked on top of each other usually means you are missing one or more red hold short node at runway exits. The parking spot number is incremented only when the plane passes a red hold short node.
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:31 am

Wow...I forgot all about this problem,as others arose and took my concentration from this problem. Thanks folks. I will check my airport thru my ADE9 and see if the hold short nodes are up to snuff. I DID run the fault finder tool in ADE9 and no problems were detected,but not every program available is 100% fool proof. Thanks again,and I'll get right on it,tho recently,after making several other changes,this problem seldom occurs now.
stephan

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates