Aircraft CFG File Mistake / Corrected

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Aircraft CFG File Mistake / Corrected

Postby Jetranger » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:45 am

On the Golden Age Simulations Waco Taper Wing "Re-Paint" CTO File

By : MouJack
on: November 15 2009

The Aircrafts CFG File has a Mistake in it, and where it says "TEXTURE" there is Nothing !
as the Aircrafts Folder for that Re-Paint - reads - "NC48TW"

probably forgot or something ???

but IF that NC48TW is NOT in the Aircrafts CFG File, where it says TEXTURE - then the Aircraft will NOT show up at all !!!

often times this is the problem in that particular area of why Aircraft won't show up in the MENU selection .

and it has to read Exactly like the Aircraft Texture Folder says too, "NOT" 1 letter or number off !!!!

Below are the exact files of the Waco Taper Wing Re-Paint with the mistake in it.

How it was "Before" and "AFTER" the Green being the Corrected version / and the RED being the Mistake .

Jetranger

Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Aircraft CFG File Mistake / Corrected

Postby BLAZE » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:12 am

Yeah, I've run into a handfull of those kinds of mistakes in the past. Just the other night I fixed one of them aircraft.cfg
boo boo's. I don't know how many times I've started FS9 ready to check out the new skins I downloaded and installed just
to see a silver/gray airplane shaped blob. And come to find out it was something I did! :doh:

That's one of the cool things about learning your way around the aircraft.cfg .You can fix her up and get her running right
in no time at all. :pray: .. :dance: ................

..................... <<r
BLAZE
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:21 am

Always a fascinating thing to do...

....learn ones way around the "aircraft.cfg" file!

Lots of bits and bobs to add, delete, and modify, to suits one's needs!

Worth learning how it all works!

Paul...bobbing about with bits... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Jetranger » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:40 am

Another particular area which often can be the problem is the "SIM" = section,,,,

often there will be something there, probably for reference,, recently however I caught the Sim= section with just 1 additional , letter on the end of something that didn't match the rest of the cfg file above it in that section, which in turn, would NOT allow that aircraft to show up, at all, just because of that 1 letter being there.

I simply just deleted that 1 letter and the aircraft showed up just fine.

just little things like that that if your NOT paying close attention will throw you off, and cause some frustration for hours !

I like posting visual mistakes so we all can learn from them

I find it better than just talking about it, harder for me to follow along without actually seeing the badd version and the corrected version, hince the screen shots in Red & Green.

Red = Badd

Green= Good to go !!!
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby tgibson » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi,

The sim= line should match the name of the AIR file in the folder, or the plane won't show up.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates