AIRPLANE ADD ONS

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

AIRPLANE ADD ONS

Postby FLYBOY1954 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:35 pm

I need detailed step by step instructions on downloading add on airplanes to flight simulator X. I bought the flight simulator X program in 2009. My operating system is Windows7. I am pretty computer illiterate, hince the need for detailed step by step instructions. Don't assume I know how to do anything, grin.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Dave
FLYBOY1954
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: AIRPLANE ADD ONS

Postby Fozzer » Sat May 04, 2013 2:54 pm

AI add-on aircraft only?
..or normal flyable add-on aircraft?

FAQ Pages: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=165435

Paul.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby FLYBOY1954 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:19 pm

NORMAL FLYABLE ADD ON AIRCRAFT PLEASE
FLYBOY1954
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby CHUCK79 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:48 pm

CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby FLYBOY1954 » Sun May 05, 2013 7:34 am

Chuck, again I have these instructions but cannot get to the point where these instructions begin. The first paragraph of these instructions says, "assuming you know....". I don't. Sorry to be so illiterate, but I need "DETAIL STEP BY STEP, EACH KEYSTROKE" instructions. Assume it is the first time I have sat in front of a computer screen. Hard to believe but, true.
FLYBOY1954
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tgibson » Mon May 06, 2013 12:53 pm

It only says to assume three things, but gives you the detailed instructions for one of them anyway.

1. Download the addon plane from the net. Click on the download link, and tell your browser where to save the file. If it doesn't ask you, it will be saved to the default download location for that browser - you should be able to find that location by looking at the Preferences for that browser. Remember that location.

2. Unzip files. The simplest way to do this is to double click on the zip file (a file that either ends in .zip or the Type column says ZIP or it is the image of a file folder in a vise). It will open and you can copy the contents to another folder.

3. Create new folders. It tells you how to do that - Right click in a white area, New>Folder. Name the folder what you want by typing it.

An explanation of the steps below these assumptions, on that site:

1. See step 1 above.
2. Create a new folder for the plane using step 3 above.
3. Copy the files from the zip file into this new folder:
a. Display the files inside the zip file using step 2 in the top section of this message.
b. Select them all by clicking on one of them, then press Ctrl-A to select all of them.
c. Right click the selected files and choose Copy
d. Right click inside (white area)(or on the icon of) the folder we made in step 2 of this section and choose Paste.
(use this technique for any files/folders the tutorial asks you to copy in the future).

4. To open a Windows Explorer window press WindowsKey - E (the WindowsKey is the one with the 4 window panes on it - sort of looks like a waving flag). Then click the Folders button, and use the left panel to find the folders they ask for. You can move the windows by dragging the title bar with the mouse, and resize the windows by holding the mouse at the edge of a window until a 2 headed arrow appears and drag that around.

5. Select a file or folder by clicking on it once.

6. Copy and Paste the folder by using the instructions in step 3 of this section.

Hope this helps,
tgibson
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby CHUCK79 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:50 pm

FLYBOY1954 wrote:Chuck, again I have these instructions but cannot get to the point where these instructions begin. The first paragraph of these instructions says, "assuming you know....". I don't. Sorry to be so illiterate, but I need "DETAIL STEP BY STEP, EACH KEYSTROKE" instructions. Assume it is the first time I have sat in front of a computer screen. Hard to believe but, true.

:lol: :lol: :lol: .....not really so hard to believe. Before I discovered Flight Simulator I had no reason to sit in front of a computer either ;)
Tgibson, gave some excellent instructions here...........hope you get 'er figured out. If not don't be shy.....we're here to help :D
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fozzer » Tue May 07, 2013 2:43 am

CHUCK79 wrote:
.....not really so hard to believe. Before I discovered Flight Simulator I had no reason to sit in front of a computer either ;)
Tgibson, gave some excellent instructions here...........hope you get 'er figured out. If not don't be shy.....we're here to help :D

.... :D ...!

My eyeballs have been permanently glued to computer screens since the invention of the Sinclair Spectrum and Commodore C64, etc, Personal Computers in the early 1980's....

...and Game Consoles in the 1970's...!

...I reckon its time I went outside to mow the grass!... :shock: ...!

Paul... :mrgreen: ...!

In the Olden Days.... :D ...., our Game Consoles and PC's used our old domestic, analogue, Cathode Ray Tube, Black & White/Colour, Television Sets, as "Monitors"... :dance: ...!
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates