Traffic problems on FSX SE

Adding Aircraft Traffic, airport gates, etc, to your Sim - AFCAD, TTools, Project AI, AI Aircraft, etc

Traffic problems on FSX SE

Postby Speedbird_8145 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:02 am

Hi, I've recently installed ICE AI Traffic, however, I have a problem. When I first launched FSX on JFK, an airport that should have a lot of traffic, nothing appeared. Tried a couple of different airports, also nothing. I tried reinstalling, running the repair function, I verified the integrity of the game files, didn't work. So I just uninstalled ICE completely, because default traffic is better than no traffic. I launched JFK, and nothing yet again. Traffic slider on 100%, tried many airports, no traffic. How can I fix this? I'm running Windows 10 on a HP 250 G5. I also have an issue with DLC, but this has more priority. And I know that someone will probably say that I should reinstall FSX, but I just don't have that much time. Although, if nothing helps, I'll have to do that. Thanks in advance for any help!
Speedbird_8145
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Traffic problems on FSX SE

Postby Hagar » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 am

It sounds like you have one or more FS9 traffic bgl files in your FSX.
If you haven't already done so I suggest using AI Flight Planner to detect & convert any of these files to FSX format.
Get the latest version here -->http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?folder=AIFP&function=be-aware

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Speedbird_8145 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:55 am

Hagar wrote:It sounds like you have one or more FS9 traffic bgl files in your FSX.
If you haven't already done so I suggest using AI Flight Planner to detect & convert any of these files to FSX format.
Get the latest version here -->http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?folder=AIFP&function=be-aware

So, I downloaded it, let it do its thing, and it didn't work. Still the same, Thanks for the advice though!
Speedbird_8145
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Traffic problems on FSX SE [RESOLVED]

Postby Speedbird_8145 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 am

Hi, just wanted to put out a quick update - issue resolved! Kinda..... I deleted all traffic files that had "FS9" or "ICE" in the name, and the default traffic worked! However, right now, I'm a bit hesitant to install ICE again, as I don't want to go through the whole process again, so I guess I'll just use default aircraft that will blend in. Thanks for the help!
Speedbird_8145
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Hagar » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Glad you sorted it. Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure why AIFP didn't find those FS9 files. :think:

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Canuck1955 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:02 pm

FYI I just installed Ice v 6.o into my freshly installed FSXSE and it works just fine. I had removed the defauly aircraft bgl file and backed it up. Perhaps you didn't do that or perhaps you have another traffic bgl lurking elsewhere which conflicts.
Canuck1955
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby alphayash » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:03 am

Having trouble setting My Traffic 6 up. I have followed a YouTube tutorial and haven't seen any traffic yet. I re-did the scenery cfg and followed all the steps. Can anybody help?
alphayash
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby tito » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:55 am

Your only problem is that you have a flight plan for fs9 lost somewhere in your ...world/scenery folder. FSX has a weird behavior with this, if there is a flight plan for fs9, it will only work traffic for FS9 flight plans. It is then first necessary to be very sure that you do not have an fs9 plan inside the folder that corresponds to AItrafico

My recomendation:
Extract all the AI ​​traffic packages from the folder and by installed packages (maybe you have other traffic packages installed) move them to a new folder outside of fsx and name it AI_Trafico_all, now create folders by packages (for example for ICE you can name it ICE_Trafico and inside this create a new folder and name it ICE_FSX.Before moving the AI ​​packages do this for all the bgl traffic packages you need to move.Once this work is done, move the files to the main folder of each package, inside you will have the bgl files and the folder ...(package name).._FSX Now go to AIFP and convert all the bgl files for each folder ..everything doesn't matter if some already have the suffix -fsx (check that the suffix applies to you). fsx suffix in the filename) converts and saves to the folders you created inside the parent folders.
Of course you are converting by packages so you don't get confused. Once the FSX conversions of all the packages are finished, try to reinstall for now only the ICE package (the files that are converted in the ICE_FSX folder). Start fsx and try to see if you already have visible traffic, if you do, congratulations and your ICE works. No traffic seen yet?...developer, check your fsx traffic folder again and check if there are non-ICE traffic bgl files. If you find extract them to the main folder you created AI_Traffic_all and inside create a new folder and name it Traffic_others and move here all the found single traffic bgl files. Again start FSX and test if you now see ICE traffic (make sure you have air traffic settings at 100% and also make sure you don't have Directx 10 enabled.)
By now this should be resolved and if everything went well then you will know where the problem files are, follow the conversion process you did in the other packages.

Reinstall the native file traffic.cfg and rename them to traffic.orig ... (original) this way it is deactivated but there you have it in its place and if you need to activate it just change the extension .. Never delete or delete the native files, fsx usually jealous and do very strange things.

Reinstall your other traffic packages converted to FSX, one by one and try in the same way to detect if there is another flea in any of them.

Finally I will tell you about the entire process above because that was what I did and it was my solution. All my installed packages work perfectly (ICE, WOAI, etc...). I really hope this has worked for you and now you are admiring and enjoying your traffic. If despite all this work it didn't work, I'm sorry... something very strange is happening... very strange.
tito
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Adding Aircraft Traffic (AI) & Gates