scenery request: 9G3, Akron, NY

Scenery, Utilities, Misc... Whatever else you would like to find for your FS or CFS Programs.

scenery request: 9G3, Akron, NY

Postby Brian Z » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:08 pm

I can drive to this airport in about 3 minutes, which is why it interests me.  In FSX, for some reason there are 3 large steel towers near the airport.  I don't know what they represent, there is nothing like that in the real world there, and one is uncomfortably close to the runway 25 approach.  There are several other inaccuracies, if anyone has the energy to fix the whole airport... they have you taxi from parking to the taxiways by going BEHIND the little terminal building, but in reality that would have you plowing through a chainlink fence and going through the car parking lot!  Coordinates are 43 deg 01' N, 78 deg 28' W.  If anyone has the energy to fix the whole airport it would be awesome, but the biggest thing is... make those stupid towers go away!
Brian Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: scenery request: 9G3, Akron, NY

Postby Russell Irwin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:47 pm

I'll do my best. From satellite images, it does look like there are some fairly large power poles a few miles off of RW25.
Constructive criticism appreciated.
Russell Irwin
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: scenery request: 9G3, Akron, NY

Postby Brian Z » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:17 am

I found the power lines you mentioned.  Maybe that's what is supposed to be represented, but if so they're greatly exaggerated.  If you fly into Akron approaching rwy 25, you'll see what I mean... one of those towers is much too big and too close.
Brian Z
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Other Add-ons Wanted