Need Airfield Made

Scenery, Utilities, Misc... Whatever else you would like to find for your FS or CFS Programs.

Need Airfield Made

Postby lukerad » Mon May 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi

I was wondering if someone could make my AME's Airfield for me.

Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
N44 32.389
W078 53.438

Airfield Info

Freymond Aviation
Runway 10-28
Last edited by lukerad on Wed May 11, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lukerad
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Need Airfield Made

Postby Strategic Retreat » Tue May 10, 2011 4:22 pm

I do like this kind of projects. Small airports that FS has always ignored... you can count on my small abilities. :)

As your airport DOES appear on Google Earth, I have only three requests

1) You say the runway is 2000 feet, but Google Earth tells me it is 1884.95 feet, more or less... who's right? You or GE?

2) Do you have the ICAO code for the airport?

3) For what I can see of it, on GE, there isn't a perfectly delineated apron, but more of a big roughy-parallelogram-shaped meadow with the top left corner connected externally to a road and from has the small hangar attached on the same corner on the inside... I wouldn't want my guesses to pollute the end result, so please try and tell me if I got it right, and if I didn't, tell me how it is for real.

The sooner you let me know, the sooner I can lay it down. :)

PS
Fair warning. ADE9X has practical limits on the kind of 3D objects and MAY not have the correctly sized hangar... I could have to... improvise. I'll let you know along the way.
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Tue May 10, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such a thing as overkill. Only unworthy targets.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby lukerad » Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Hello,
My AME says 2000 ft...in reality it is probably slightly less, but for simplicity sake why dont we just stay with 2000ft..prob easier for you i would imagine. And no i dont have the code to be honest, i was thinking we could just make it " CBFA " ( Brian Freymond Aviation ) . As for the apron thats about right...its not really perfectly marked out but i have included a picture now to make it a little easier i hope. Oh and i know there isnt any on in but if you could include cones along the sides of the runway it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank!

lukerad
lukerad
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Strategic Retreat » Wed May 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Ok, everything I needed, I have. :)

Must warn you, have made a preliminary inspection on the place under FS9, and at the VERY SAME PLACE, half of the runway would be floating on water, so I displaced slightly the referring point so the water will be a little away and not a problem for the airfield. :P

Sorry, but I'm unable to satisfy your request about the cones... fact is, ADE9X has no cones in it and I am not so deep an expert to know if it is even possible to add it. Will, in exchange, add a simple glideslope light indicator (VASI) that will point the way to the runway, if you re in the right position and simplify landing operations. More, I cannot really do. :-/

Will write more as the project comes along. :)
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby Strategic Retreat » Thu May 12, 2011 7:21 am

Is this good? ;)

To squeeze 12 parking spots, as you asked, into that small an apron I had to invent plane packaging... ;D ...but in the end everything checked out. Due to the tight situation, could not add a fuel switch, this means that every fueling will have to be done by menu. Added a two VASI luminous glideslope indicators on both runways to make up for the unavailable cones and and a windsock near the rwy 6.

The airfield BGL file is 2.74Kb uncompressed, half off it surely after compression. Send me an E-address and I'll send it to you ASAP. :)
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Thu May 12, 2011 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby dave3cu » Fri May 13, 2011 11:15 am

lukerad,

Looking at your posts here at SimV, I guess you're using FSX?

If that's the case, I've nearly completed an FSX project for Freymond Avation based on your photo and Google Earth.

If you're interested, I've got a couple of questions for you before completing the project. You can respond either here or PM.

Dave
Last edited by dave3cu on Fri May 13, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby lukerad » Sat May 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Hello Dave,
I am indeed running FSX and am VERY interested in your work. please dont hesitate to contact me if you need any further information!

Thanks!

Lukerad
lukerad
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dave3cu » Sat May 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Lukerad,

I read your pm this morning. Cleaning up a few things in the scenery and then I'll e-mail with the few questions I have.

Dave
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby lukerad » Sun May 15, 2011 11:54 am

Hey Dave,

Freymond Aviation also deals with float planes and i was wondering if you could park a few static float planes as well. if not thats totally okay, your work has already exceeded my expectations :) . Anyway look forward to hearing back and getting my hands on it ! :P

Lukerad
lukerad
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Strategic Retreat » Sun May 15, 2011 1:05 pm

Hello Dave,
I am indeed running FSX and am VERY interested in your work. please dont hesitate to contact me if you need any further information!

Thanks!

Lukerad

You know, I could have done it for FSX, had you corrected my assumptions you had FS9... :-?

...though, I admit, having never been on the grounds of the airfield proper, my work probably would have not compared to Dave's. :P

Oh well... at least you found someone who had a better idea of how the airfield to make is shaped, it seems. Have fun. :)
Last edited by Strategic Retreat on Sun May 15, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strategic Retreat
Captain
Captain

Postby lukerad » Mon May 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Dave,

Hows it coming. Sorry to keep bugging but i am dying to get my hands on it! haha

Thanks!

Lukerad
lukerad
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby dave3cu » Mon May 16, 2011 10:35 pm

I got delayed today but should ship sometime tomorrow afternoon..
Last edited by dave3cu on Tue May 17, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby Raoul98 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:11 am

Hy Every body Can Somebody Make Me Better Karpathos Airport Scenery and Airport. Please Help Me.
No worries, be happy
Raoul98
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Other Add-ons Wanted