Sky, cloud, and ground textures?

Scenery, Utilities, Misc... Whatever else you would like to find for your FS or CFS Programs.

Sky, cloud, and ground textures?

Postby michaelb15 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:06 am

im looking for some textures for fsx that will make the ground textures sharper, and add more realistic coulor to the sky and clouds.

there is a package that ive tried downloading, but it makes the game have a critical error during startup.. i think that was a HD cloud package. (I forgot what its called)
I am somwhere I don't know where I am!!!
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Re: Sky, cloud, and ground textures?

Postby Club508 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:54 am

I'll try to make one, but no promises.
Last edited by Club508 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Club508
Major
Major

Postby Club508 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Oh boy... this might take a while. :o
Club508
Major
Major

Postby CHUCK79 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:33 pm

im looking for some textures for fsx that will make the ground textures sharper, and add more realistic coulor to the sky and clouds.

there is a package that ive tried downloading, but it makes the game have a critical error during startup.. i think that was a HD cloud package. (I forgot what its called)

Are you using FSX or FS2004?
Is this the add on you're asking about? http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &x=28&y=14

Chuck
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby michaelb15 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Are you using FSX or FS2004?
Is this the add on you're asking about? http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &x=28&y=14

Chuck

yes I think the one I tried is: HDE v2, Photo Realistic Texture Pack

and when i installed it and try to run fsx it doesnt even get to the main screen it crashes and asks if I want to send an error report

im going to try: HDEv2 Sky Colors Converted for FSX but then that doesn't have new cloud textures or ground textures
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Postby michaelb15 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:18 pm

[quote]I'll try to make one, but no promises.
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Postby dave3cu » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:07 pm

the ground texture I made for fs9 was called texture1.bmp I think. and I cant find that file in fsx texture folder..

I think you may be referring to 'detail1.bmp', found in ...\Scenery\World\texture\. It exists in FSX also. It's the 'bump map' that controls the 'grain' detail of grass and other terrain textures.

If that's what you're looking for then the REX site has a free download of their 'Enhanced Grass Texture' (a replacement detail1.bmp) here-http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/downloads.html
Last edited by dave3cu on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby michaelb15 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:40 pm

the ground texture I made for fs9 was called texture1.bmp I think. and I cant find that file in fsx texture folder..

I think you may be referring to 'detail1.bmp', found in ...\Scenery\World\texture\. It exists in FSX also. It's the 'bump map' that controls the 'grain' detail of grass and other terrain textures.

If that's what you're looking for then the REX site has a free download of their 'Enhanced Grass Texture' (a replacement detail1.bmp) here-http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/downloads.html

aha thats the file name lol.. but anyway I think I was looking in microsoft games/fsx/textures, and not microsoft games/fsx/scenery/world/texture.. is that what its in in fsx?
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Postby dave3cu » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Yes, it's in Scenery\World\texture in FS9 and FSX.

The REX 'Enhanced Grass Texture' is for FSX.
Last edited by dave3cu on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby michaelb15 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Yes, it's in Scenery\World\texture in FS9 and FSX.

The REX 'Enhanced Grass Texture' is for FSX.

ok cool I think i got it mostly sorted out now I think I was putting the stuff in the wrong folder or somthing. but it all works now! thank you very much for the tips.

now i just need to find some realistic enviroment files, because sunsets still seem very unrealistic even with some of the files ive tried off this site.
michaelb15
Captain
Captain

Postby Club508 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Sorry, but the ones I'm making seem to be turning out worse than they were to begin with, and also my FSX is failing out.  Sorry. :'(
Club508
Major
Major

Return to Other Add-ons Wanted