Need ATC n Pilot Voice files for Janet Airlines

Scenery, Utilities, Misc... Whatever else you would like to find for your FS or CFS Programs.

Need ATC n Pilot Voice files for Janet Airlines

Postby stephan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Howdy gents.Been a while.I fly FS9 and downloaded a really nice KXTA (Area 51/ Groom Lake) add on.Repainted a Boeing 737-200 in Janet textures and now,I need the voice files for Janet airlines.Where may I find these files if they in fact exist?... and what are those kinds of files called? Thanks a bunch ! stephan // "Altitude With Attitude! " 8)
stephan

Re: Need ATC n Pilot Voice files for Janet Airlines

Postby dave3cu » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Callsigns along with all other talk between ATC and Pilots are coded in a file named USEnglishBig.gvp, found within the FS2004/Sound/.... folder.
This file, commonly referred to as the voicepack, cannot be edited directly.

To edit the voicepack, download and install 'Editvoicepack 3.1 found here- http://www.editvoicepack.com/.

Here is a link to a KXTA scenery that says it contains a ...vcdmod file for KXTA and Janet to modify the voicepack with Editvoicepack.-
http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=kp_kxta.zip&categoryId=31
Quote......I have also included a vcpmod file for use with EditVoicePack, which I strongly recommend you install
if you want the ATC and pilots to use the correct name for KXTA and the Janet flights.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby stephan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Thanks for your reply on this subject Dave.But,as it is,this is the scenery I have added to my FS9.It's a great looking add on.And,I had placed the voice edit file in as described by the designer.It does give the "Dreamland" ATC voice to the pilot and vice versa,but,the ATC and pilot dont refer to the AC as "Janet ####" .They simply refer to the flight number.I MAY have to change something in my AC.cfg file.It's been a while,but I vaguely remember something about ATC calling an AC by flt # or by Airline.Again,it's been a while and I could be mistaken.SO,...again,thanks for your time sir,but I did install all add on's that came with that KXTA add on per instructions.All is good except for the lack of the Janet Airline call 'sign' from ATC to pilot and pilot to ATC. Have a great night sir. // stephan "Altitude With Attitude" // (y) 8)
stephan

Postby dave3cu » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:55 pm

In order for ATC to use your airline callsign you must assign a flight number. If there is no flight number ATC will use your aircraft manufacturer/type and your registration number.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby stephan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:01 am

I use the flight number AA001.My AC Number is N1368C. I did manage to find an add-on for ATC/Pilot/ATC voice files for Janet Airlines.It didnt come with the KXTA add on.I had to find it separately.After installing it,I tested it and it worked fine.Thanks for your input and attempts to help.Much appreciated sir. // stephan "Altitude With Attitude" 8)
stephan

Postby stephan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:43 am

The Area 51 (Dreamland) KXTA add on scenery I used for my FS9 was "KP_KXTA.zip" , and the add on for the ATC to AC to ATC voice was "janet.zip" and I used "EditVoicepack31.zip" to enter the "janet.vcpmod" found in the "janet.zip" to get the ATC to AC to ATC voice.I also used it to get the "kxta.vcpmod"(Dreamland Area 51 name) spoken by AC and ATC entered to voice as well. Everything works perfectly! // stephan //"Altitude With Attitude!" 8)
stephan

Return to Other Add-ons Wanted