Interstate Cadet

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

Interstate Cadet

Postby crewdog » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:04 am

I run a sim station for an aviation museum, several years ago the late, legendary Garry J. Smith repainted several aircraft in the colors of our museum aircraft for MSFS 2004/FS 9, allowing visitors to fly the airplanes sitting right next to them. In the last few years we've acquired a few new aircraft, and we'd like to add them to our sims. One of the new aircraft is the Interstate Cadet flown by Cornelia Fort during the Pearl Harbor Attack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornelia_ ... bor_attack

https://www.airspacemag.com/history-of- ... 132431368/

Regretfully, being a non-profit museum we cannot offer any compensation, however, on your deathbed you will receive total enlightenment.
crewdog
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Interstate Cadet

Postby zswobbie1 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:50 am

Hi, the Interstate Cadet seems like a nice aircraft, any idea where we can find one for FS2004?
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Roypcox » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:43 am

Great article Crew Dog, Thank you!!! Roy
Roypcox
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Flacke » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:08 pm

This brings back a memory from 45 years ago.

I was number 2 behind an Interstate Cadet on approach to land at the local airport. I was flying a "slow" Cessna 172 and was at approach speed.
The ATC told the Interstate to increase speed as there was traffic behind it [me].
We laughed as the nose of the Cadet pitched forward but it seemed to stay in the same spot in space!
After a while I had to do "S-turns" in a vain attempt not to overtake the Cadet.
Finally the ATC called the Cadet and said "Interstate xxxx" go around. We laughed again as the Cadets nose pitched UP a bit and it stayed in the same place again! I called ATC and said that I could descend under the Cadet if he liked as I would be going down and the Cadet "sort of" going up.
ATC said "negative " and "Interstate xxxx turn right 90 degrees for traffic.
It was fun to see an Interstate Cadet floating in mid air. We realized that with the Cadet at his very slow approach speed into the wind coming down the runway at him his ground speed was just about Zip.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft Wanted