Looking for Craig Richardson's MAC Flamingo! Help!

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

Looking for Craig Richardson's MAC Flamingo! Help!

Postby Leo2789 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:38 am

Hey,

I've been looking for Craig Richardson's Metal Aircraft Corporation Flamingo model for fs2004 for days now; I've looked on every FS addon library I can think of, and can't seem to find it :(
I'd really like to get it since I love airplanes of the type, and I'd like to use some of these cool liveries with it: http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/mac-flamingo.htm (BTW that website is awesome if you love old school planes, particularly the old school default FS2004 planes!)
So if anyone knows of a website where the model is hosted so I could download it, or if someone has it and could be so kind as to provide it to me, I'd be very grateful! :)

Thank you

Leonardo
Leo2789
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: Looking for Craig Richardson's MAC Flamingo! Help!

Postby Leo2789 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:04 am

Hey! Just as I was about to give up, I found an obscure page in spanish about civil aviation in Venezuela, where they have a page dedicated to the MAC Flamingo's history and relevance to the country (the explorer who discovered Angel Falls found them while flying a Flamingo!), and they have the original aircraft package for download there!!!
So I'll just leave the link here for posterity, so that people who search for this FS9 airplane can find it a little more easily than it was for me :P
http://www.aviacioncivil.com.ve/el-avio ... io-caroni/

scroll to the end to the page until the part where it lists "El Flamingo Virtual" and just click on the first image after that title to download the original .exe for the aircraft including scenery for Angel Falls!

Leonardo
Leo2789
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Flacke » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:58 pm

Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby cevans » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 am

Flacke wrote:http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/mac-flamingo.htm More MAC Flamingo stuff.

He mentioned that site in his 1st post ;)

Thanks for the link Leonardo >> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 1oxdU1NOUk
cevans
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Leo2789 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Flacke, thanks, but as cevans mentioned, I had already posted about that page ;)
Still thnx for the link, other people who come across this might also find it interesting! :)

And cevans you are welcome! It just saddens me to imagine how much great freeware flight sim stuff is getting lost or buried in the deepest reaches of the internet due to time, such as the MAC flamingo model! :/

Hopefully I'll see if I can reupload it to the library and other flight sim addon website libraries such as avsim & flightsim without breaching copyright, so that the Flamingo has a chance to survive and not get lost in time!

Leonardo
Leo2789
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Flacke » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:51 am

Leo2789 wrote:Flacke, thanks, but as cevans mentioned, I had already posted about that page ;)
Still thnx for the link, other people who come across this might also find it interesting! :)

And cevans you are welcome! It just saddens me to imagine how much great freeware flight sim stuff is getting lost or buried in the deepest reaches of the internet due to time, such as the MAC flamingo model! :/

Hopefully I'll see if I can reupload it to the library and other flight sim addon website libraries such as avsim & flightsim without breaching copyright, so that the Flamingo has a chance to survive and not get lost in time!

Leonardo

Ah ha, now I see it. Oh well more is better, less is bad.
Flacke
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Yes it is very sad that a lot of the older planes are disappearing from the net.
I have a large library, spanned accros a few portable hard drives of maybe forgotten stuff.
It is such a pity as well, that Garry's site has virtually vanished, the scenery projects of his were great, plus all the links to the other repositery sites are dead, such as Mike Stone & Milton's older stuff.

The Flamingo & Garry's assorted textures are well & often flown on my sim.

Thanks for reminding us about this plane, & (hint) are there any more out there?

Regards,
Robin
Cape Town, South Africa
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby pete » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Garry Smith files will all be available here thanks to Ronald Falzon who has archive them and is uploading in stages - we are releasing them bit by bit but his whole collection will hopefully be made available.
Mike Stone - again we had uploaded today an archive of 107 Mike Stone aircraft.

Simviation isn't going anywhere. So these archive files (& hopefully more) will be available for years to come.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Leo2789 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Hey guys!

I forgot to post here that I have since then uploaded the MAC Flamingo to both Avsim & Flightsim libraries, as Craig's original documentation allowed for it ;)

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to find this aircraft AirAusquin! :)

Leonardo Santos
Leo2789
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Leo2789 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:18 pm

zswobbie1,
Every other aircraft by Craig (that I know of) can be found on most libraries simply by searching his author name ;)
The Flamingo was really the only one missing! (again as far as I know!)
He has indeed made lots of fun planes! You should check them out :)

Leonardo
Leo2789
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Bluebear » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Bluebear
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby zswobbie1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:09 am

Thanks, I was the one that forwarded the Mike Stone collection, & I remembered how sad it was when Craig's site disappeared. Luckily I had all the FS9 stuff in my library.
And also a big thanks for reminding us that the planes are still out there. Have they been 're-collected' and possibly posted elsewhere?

I was also wondering if there were any of Mike's planes missing from that list.

Also, the late Garry Smith's Ford Tri-Motor site has lost quite a few projects, such as the Black Hawk, & the Chinese Project. I think that maybe I should give Ed Moore a call to possible see if the stuff can be preserved. I do have all the Projects in my 'Library'

Regards,
Robin
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft Wanted