E E Lightning T4 /T5 for FSX

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

Re: E E Lightning T4 /T5 for FSX

Postby Dave T » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:00 pm

I just renamed the files that are the same as the modified files and dropped the modified folders into my t5 folder. Make a back up of your t4 folder first so that you can always replace it back to original.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby javelin9r » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:17 am

Dave T wrote:I just renamed the files that are the same as the modified files and dropped the modified folders into my t5 folder. Make a back up of your t4 folder first so that you can always replace it back to original.

Still can't get the metal type colouring on the Lightnings. I uninstalled, and re-installed the whole download. All of the texture files are .bmp with no Texture.cfg files, except for the Kuwait T55, and they are all .dds. Looking at the instructions on the Lightning pack 3, it states to change all the .bmp to .dds. I have metal colouring on 4 of the Lightning F1A, and F2, but none on any others. I did notice that within the T4 folder, there is a T5 folder, which I placed seperately in the airplanes folder. I reckon I am not aliasing the texture, or something. Looks like I will have to have a slightly different texture on my Lightnings.
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:06 am

Your original texture folders should be bmp, the updates are in dds just copy the complete texture folder from the modified folder into the appropriate aircraft folder and the shared texture folder as well, remove your original textures with the same name to a new folder and then see if they display ok. I will go and see what my t4 look like after conversion post a few shots later good look Dave.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:39 pm

Ok after starting again, move all of the ee lightnings out of sim objects and onto the desktop in a folder, use each of the updates and drag into the appropriate folder overwriting and merging the folders. once you have done all 3 updates return aircraft folders back to simobjects folder. a few screenshots below mk1 and t4
They look better than I thought happy fling Dave.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby javelin9r » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:19 am

Dave T wrote:Ok after starting again, move all of the ee lightnings out of sim objects and onto the desktop in a folder, use each of the updates and drag into the appropriate folder overwriting and merging the folders. once you have done all 3 updates return aircraft folders back to simobjects folder. a few screenshots below mk1 and t4
They look better than I thought happy fling Dave.

Good screenshots Dave. Here are a few of my Lightnings. The T4 is from the Virtavia download, and the 92 Sqdn one is from my old stash. This metal texture is what I was trying to achieve with all the texture problems. I have 4 Lightnings in this texture with different Squdron colours. As you can see, the light grey of the trainer would look better if I could get the same texture as the 92 Sqdn one. I got the metal texture from a download called Alpha E E Lightning F1 /F1A /F2. Keep in touch my friend, might need your help in the future. Kind regards, AlanImage
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:33 am

Glad you got it sorted and posted a few screenshots. I did have to add a few missing thumbnails, the easy way to do this is run snapshot, start FSX at the aircraft selection screen select the aircraft and then press prtsc key, go to snapshot screenshot folder and open the screenshot with paint, click on select and drag box around the aircraft and click cut snapshot will make its noise confirming you have saved the shot, go back to snapshot folder and rename the new small shot thumbnail and place it in the aircraft texture folder. I also use the above method for screenshots using the v key originally 4mb open them with paint and save as jpeg, and if the jpg is bigger than 250kb I open the jpeg with paint and with snapshot running select the whole picture and then cut and you end up with a screenshot of around 140kb.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby javelin9r » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:50 am

Dave T wrote:Glad you got it sorted and posted a few screenshots. I did have to add a few missing thumbnails, the easy way to do this is run snapshot, start FSX at the aircraft selection screen select the aircraft and then press prtsc key, go to snapshot screenshot folder and open the screenshot with paint, click on select and drag box around the aircraft and click cut snapshot will make its noise confirming you have saved the shot, go back to snapshot folder and rename the new small shot thumbnail and place it in the aircraft texture folder. I also use the above method for screenshots using the v key originally 4mb open them with paint and save as jpeg, and if the jpg is bigger than 250kb I open the jpeg with paint and with snapshot running select the whole picture and then cut and you end up with a screenshot of around 140kb.

The thumbnails don't appear in the selection menu. I will see if they might be too big. Attached is a strange texture appearing only in some lights on the Virtavia aircraft. I thought it was the afterburner showing through, or the blueish glow of the engines, but I turned the reheat off, and it stayed there. Probably to do with the FS9 / FSX thing
screenshot16.JPG
screenshot16.JPG (69.62 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:48 am

I did notice the blue light effect using the aircraft unmodified when I modified them with the fsx mods this no longer happened. In the end I started again dragged freshly unmodified aircraft folder from my old pc to desktop, went through the mods 1-3 just dropping them into the relevant folders and overwriting and merging the folders when asked. The only folder I was not sure about was the cab2 which I just extracted and dropped into each of the panel folders. There was also some effects texture and effects files from the fsx updates in pack3. Once modified I put them back in the airplanes folder in fsx. The thumbnail should look like this and be named thumbnail.jpg and dropped in the aircraft texture folder that's missing the thumbnail otherwise you will get a plane with a question mark and no picture on the selection screen.
I will just check my aircraft do not still have the blue effect Dave.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:40 pm

After using the FSX conversion packs EElightningsPack1FSX.zip,EELightningsPack2Distr.zip,EELightningsPack3FSX.zip
My lightnings do not have the blue effect anymore a few shots below
After conversion my aircraft seem to be ok.
The missing thumbnails below for the aircraft folder f1_f1a_f2 just copy them into the texture folders and rename them thumbnail

tex.56
tex.74
tex.92
tex.111
tex.leu
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:15 pm

This is what your favourite texture looks like on my computer
from this angle probably looks the best for polished metal
Feel free to use the thumbnails above just save them, rename thumbnail and drop in the texture folders happy flying Dave. I think I prefer your textures to my shiny ones have fun and burn some holes in the sky.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby pete » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Please remember that the max image total for any thread is 1MB

This is above that (over 2.5) .... so please understand why we have these rules .... 8-)

What to do is to create another post and link to it .
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dave T » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Can you remove my pictures from the post so that it conforms with the rules Dave.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby pete » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:13 pm

No need Dave -- just a reminder. Not a problem if it happens every now and then but would be a problem if the rule wasn't in place ..... Thanks O0
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby javelin9r » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:33 am

javelin9r wrote:
Dave T wrote:Glad you got it sorted and posted a few screenshots. I did have to add a few missing thumbnails, the easy way to do this is run snapshot, start FSX at the aircraft selection screen select the aircraft and then press prtsc key, go to snapshot screenshot folder and open the screenshot with paint, click on select and drag box around the aircraft and click cut snapshot will make its noise confirming you have saved the shot, go back to snapshot folder and rename the new small shot thumbnail and place it in the aircraft texture folder. I also use the above method for screenshots using the v key originally 4mb open them with paint and save as jpeg, and if the jpg is bigger than 250kb I open the jpeg with paint and with snapshot running select the whole picture and then cut and you end up with a screenshot of around 140kb.

The thumbnails don't appear in the selection menu. I will see if they might be too big. Attached is a strange texture appearing only in some lights on the Virtavia aircraft. I thought it was the afterburner showing through, or the blueish glow of the engines, but I turned the reheat off, and it stayed there. Probably to do with the FS9 / FSX thing
The attachment screenshot16.JPG is no longer available

I have managed to get the textures OK now. I have attached a screenshot of a small problem with the lights. It maybe that it is due to the FS9 / FSX thing. The only textures I can't get is the Kuwait and Saudi f6. The Saudi appears all black, and the Kuwait has black undercarriage and cockpit . I actually started again, and did what you suggested about saving to desktop. Fixed the afterburner flames in the F3 and F6 which didn't show on throttle, so changed a couple of gauges in the Panel folder, and they work OK now. Thanks for your help in finding the E E Lightning trainers, and all the stuff you helped me with. The only post war jet I haven't got now is the Sea Vixen. I emailed Skysim, but they haven't responded in over a year, and I didn't like the tone of some people who had bought it, and not got the download.
screenshot18.JPG
screenshot18.JPG (76.13 KiB) Viewed 2649 times
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby javelin9r » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:02 am

javelin9r wrote:
javelin9r wrote:

The attachment screenshot16.JPG is no longer available

I have managed to get the textures OK now. I have attached a screenshot of a small problem with the lights. It maybe that it is due to the FS9 / FSX thing. The only textures I can't get is the Kuwait and Saudi f6. The Saudi appears all black, and the Kuwait has black undercarriage and cockpit . I actually started again, and did what you suggested about saving to desktop. Fixed the afterburner flames in the F3 and F6 which didn't show on throttle, so changed a couple of gauges in the Panel folder, and they work OK now. Thanks for your help in finding the E E Lightning trainers, and all the stuff you helped me with. The only post war jet I haven't got now is the Sea Vixen. I emailed Skysim, but they haven't responded in over a year, and I didn't like the tone of some people who had bought it, and not got the download.
The attachment screenshot18.JPG is no longer available
Also a shot of the burners I got from another aircraft and grafted into the Lightning.
screenshot19.JPG
screenshot19.JPG (61.43 KiB) Viewed 2644 times
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft Wanted