E E Lightning T4 /T5 for FSX

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

E E Lightning T4 /T5 for FSX

Postby javelin9r » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:19 am

OK, Trying this to get some answers. I have seen some screenshots of E E Lightning trainers on forums for FSX. Nobody seems to know where I can download a model, either freeware or payware, in fact there is nothing out there at all. I have heard stories about the FS9 trainer, but no direction to the downloads. Also rumours that there was one at Alphasim / Virtavia, but all dead end trails. All the forums I have read seem to vague about it. I even sent one of the screenshots to the person who posted it, but he didn't seem to know how it got onto that particular forum post.
Either there is a download for the Lightning trainer out there, or there isn't, so I am hoping that someone can shed some light on this elusive item. I have tried the E E Lightning pack 3, but there are no model files in any of the 4 sub folders, so they don't show in FSX.
Thanks for anything, in advance.
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: E E Lightning T4 /T5 for FSX

Postby Dave T » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:10 am

The EE lightning packs 1-3 for Fs9 payware from Alphasim now Virtavia, I am not sure if they are still available probably not as it was a long time ago.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby pete » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:59 am

Only find payware EE Lightnings with decent VC

http://www.fspilotshop.com/advanced_sea ... ng&ref=372
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby javelin9r » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:58 pm

Dave T wrote:The EE lightning packs 1-3 for Fs9 payware from Alphasim now Virtavia, I am not sure if they are still available probably not as it was a long time ago.

Many thanks Dave. I have the 1-3 packs for FS9, but cannot get them to work in FSX. I think the T model files are missing
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:16 pm

In the lightning_t5 folder there should be 2 model files T5 & T55.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby javelin9r » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:42 am

Dave T wrote:In the lightning_t5 folder there should be 2 model files T5 & T55.

When I extract from the E E Lightning pack 3 FSX.zip, I get the following folders. CAB, effects,sim objects, readme, and a jpeg. Opening the S/Objects, there is an airplanes folder, within that, there are 4 folders . Alpha EE Lightning_T4, T_5, T_5_Civil, T_55. Within those are, in sequence to the above, Panel, textures, sound, aircraft.cfg, and Lightning_FSX.air on all of them. In the T4 folder, there is also a T4 FS9.cfg, as well as the normal cfg. I have altered the aircraft .cfg with the line "category=airplane" under [general], but still just a blue sky scene on the FSX loading screen. The folders appear in my sim objects airplane folders, just not the models. "unable to load flight model " is the message if I try to load the blank screen. The Lightning pack 1 with the F.1, F1A, etc are in, and working. I am obviously doing something wrong here.
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:16 am

You need the original payware alphasim models for fs9 and then convert using the fsx conversion. I found the fs9 alphasim lightnings on a very old pc of mine and I transferred just the t5 version into fsx without the mods for fsx, the cockpit displayed 3/4 of the screen but the glass was clear and all the gauges showed up, used the fsx conversion and the results below
For an old model it looks pretty good.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby javelin9r » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:09 am

Dave T wrote:You need the original payware alphasim models for fs9 and then convert using the fsx conversion. I found the fs9 alphasim lightnings on a very old pc of mine and I transferred just the t5 version into fsx without the mods for fsx, the cockpit displayed 3/4 of the screen but the glass was clear and all the gauges showed up, used the fsx conversion and the results below
For an old model it looks pretty good.

They look superb Dave. Problem is I can't find the original you mentioned. I have offered to buy said Lightning trainers in Aircraft wanted section, but as of yet, no replies. Pity I can't buy the ones you had on your old PC. Many thanks for your help on this Dave. Really appreciated.
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:05 am

I had more fun getting the old pc running again it had windows me on it and a few bits missing, I don't think the fs9 versions available to purchase anymore but I could be wrong. I am wrong you can still buy it from http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/produ ... ctid=18694
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby javelin9r » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:55 am

Dave T wrote:I had more fun getting the old pc running again it had windows me on it and a few bits missing, I don't think the fs9 versions available to purchase anymore but I could be wrong. I am wrong you can still buy it from http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/produ ... ctid=18694

I am downloading it now as I type. I am registered with PC aviator, but never saw it on their site. Many., many thanks for sticking with me on this Dave. I have an old "clunker" running XP 32 bit, and it is a bit underpowered, but it does for my FSX gold & Acceleration. This download is labelled as FS2004 only, but I have several FS2004 aircraft on the flight sim that work OK. Some need adjusting on the smoke trails / contact points, but they all work fine. It cost me £12.00, so that's not bad.
Again, much appreciated Dave.
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:34 am

Hope you have fun with it and post a few screenshots.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby javelin9r » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:01 am

Dave T wrote:Hope you have fun with it and post a few screenshots.

I have managed to install the T4 of 226 OCU. It appears to have a verl light grey colour overall, as opposed to your shot being shiny metal. Having got the shiny metal ones in the F1A, I noticed that the metal ones had .DDS textures, and the grey ones have .BMP . Would that make any difference? I just downloaded it from PC Aviator, adjusted the black bar at the bottom of the panel, cut out the extra wing tip trails, and it seems to work OK. Thought I was going to have to add afterburners to it, which isn't a problem, but they are already there, on throttle too. I will post some screenshots if I can figure out how to
Regards, Alan Lane
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Dave T » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:25 am

What are your aircraft settings mine is set ultra high. The fsx conversion textures have been modified to dds format and also the panel problem fixed.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:50 am

Download snapshot v4 http://simviation.com/1/download-file?f ... leId=27692 which is a very simple and easy way to get screenshots that are within the forum limits. look at this post on how to upload screenshots viewtopic.php?f=21&t=171309&p=1267887&hilit=how+to+upload+images#p1267887
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby javelin9r » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Dave T wrote:What are your aircraft settings mine is set ultra high. The fsx conversion textures have been modified to dds format and also the panel problem fixed.

Mine are set to ultra high, but the only one I have left checked is the aircraft ground shadows. I am trying to get the textures right now, by using the pack 3 I have. After I restart FSX, hopefully, they will be OK. Still a good model though.
Still getting the same grey textures, even though the texture folders now have all .DDS in them. I think it may be in conflict with the Alpha E E Lightning F1 /F1A /F2 I originally installed. They have .DDS and .BMP textures in the same aircraft folder.
I will let you know any improvements
javelin9r
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Next

Return to Aircraft Wanted