Alphasim F-22 Raptor wanted

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

Alphasim F-22 Raptor wanted

Postby stephan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:29 am

I have been looking for the supposed payware turned freeware Alphasim F-22 Raptor for FS9.
Absolutely NO LUCK.
I have the F22 from Virtavia which has power issues,tho a great ac...and,with the pilot animations , it works against my frame rates a little. Dont know why they make an animated pilot. I appreciate the ac. I dont spend time eyeballing the pilot. The IAS is impossible to maintain per autopilot setting,regardless of any modifications I tried.
By the way...what settings does one fudge with to prevent that annoying oscillating up and down of the IAS? You set the IAS on the autopilot,and the darned ac increases,then decreases,then increases then decreases the velocity. Many small military jet ac do this and it is a pain. I want to end that by adjusting what ever it takes,...but dont really know which setting needs adjusted to prevent that.

I also downloaded the F22 by Mr. Ito,but that too has a few small problems,and tho it supposedly had a file called an upgrade, (downloadable separately) , the upgrade/update cfg and air files are the same as the ones that come with the original ac.The autopilot capabilities are way off,and you lose altitude FAST.

Then,there's the IRIS F22. I just downloaded that one,and havent had a chance to evaluate it.

So,...bottom line,...
Does ANYONE know where I can download the Alphasim F-22 Raptor for FS2004 ???
AND>>>...
What settings in the cfg and/or air file do I modify to prevent the annoying speed oscillation that occurs when the autopilot IAS setting is engaged?
Thanks for any help folks.
stephan

Re: Alphasim F-22 Raptor wanted

Postby FlexibleFlier » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:41 am

A Google search gave me: http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=f-22&categoryId=34

Remember, Alphasim is now Virtavia. Their website Freeware Directory http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php has a free one for FSX but not FS9.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:36 pm

I see. The first step I do when searching for any ac for sim is to Google it if Simviation doesnt seem to have it. I already have the Virtavia F22. I did see the mention all over the place of,quote " Alphasim F-22 Raptor for FS2004" . I did suspect that it may be the Virtavia F22,and the one I downloaded from them is for Fs9. It still made me wonder if the Virtavia F22 and the Alphasim F22 for FS2004 were one and the same. I have yet to see any data stating so.Never the less,the Virtavia is a real headache for me. The cruise IAS at altitude oscillates when I engage the autothrottle/autopilot ( ie., the throttle speeds up,then slows down,then up,then down...something many military small jets in sim do. ) Whether it is a realistic trait or not is beside the point.It is something I want to alleviate from the ac. Beside that,and the animated pilot (which is unnecessary as I pay no attention to some animated pilot effect) , the Virtavia F22 is a nice craft. But,as long as it retains the oscillation problem,I remain uninterested it in. I DID,since my original posting here,manage to find a really nice F22,equal in texture quality without the cutsie animated pilot and unnecessary frills,...added my own effects and it flys like a dream,...looks good,and basically eliminated my need for this post now. So,unless someone has a remedy for the oscillating throttle of the Virtavia, (which should also eliminate that trait from other craft with the same trait ) I wont worry about the Virtavia,Alphasim F22.
Thanks anyway.
stephan

Postby stephan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:53 pm

I looked around the net one last time and got lucky in one respect. I found an update for the Virtavia F22. It flies much better,...a little more stable in the auto throttle as well. Still not as good as the other F22 I downloaded from another designer but at least it is a step in the right direction,in that I can now compare the cfg and air files and see what was modified by Virtavia to effect the better handling and throttle issues.
stephan

Postby FlexibleFlier » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm glad you found something helpful. I don't fly jets anymore so I'm not very familiar with what's out there in the sim world.

Happy (con)trails.
FlexibleFlier
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby pete » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:48 am

Right here at simviation

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... egoryId=34

How did you not find it? :?

(I went to search page - selected fs2004 from the dropdown - typed f-22)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Aircraft Wanted