Looking for C5a ai for FS9..frame rate friendly

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

Looking for C5a ai for FS9..frame rate friendly

Postby stephan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:21 pm

Looking for a C5a Galaxy that is frame rate friendly. Some ai out there rip out 10 fps ! That isnt worth the trouble. I thought that the smaller in bytes the ai,the better it would be on frame rates. That doesnt seem to be the case.I downloaded a B52 from Mike Stone under 1 meg,and it hits my FR pretty hard...given the max frames I get on my old system is about 20,with an average of about 17. Some ai have only 2 files to their textures and work great. I have even tried editing the textures from DXT3 to DXT1 and still no help.
The ai C5A doesnt have to be a beauty...I wont be that close to them. Just want them arriving and leaving my airports.
And the ones I got from MAIW are also a little rough on my frame rates,tho very nice aircraft. Actually,everything from MAIW is good looking downloads.
SO...any suggestions for the C5a (heck...Id even settle for a good C17 if it is good on frame rates)
Thanks folks.
stephan

Re: Looking for C5a ai for FS9..frame rate friendly

Postby Dave T » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:30 am

I used maiw ai in fs9 and they are very good. If you want military ai for fs9/fsx justflight do a few packs for the price of a couple of beers, the models are fairly low resolution and not a hit on frame rates have a look on their site the models might not suit your needs heres the link http://www.justflight.com/product/traff ... aircraft-2.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Dave T » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:21 pm

I think I would rather spend the money on this little baby for Fsx as its under a tenner http://www.justflight.com/product/a2a-a ... ce-mustang
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby stephan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:29 am

I fly FS9. I have FSX. Had it for several years,but it sits in the case collecting dust. My system isnt strong enough to run it well. Also,thanks for the suggestions. But I defeated the problem. I made my own ai C5a. Works great. Thanks again.
stephan

Postby Dave T » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:13 am

Glad you got it sorted.
Dave T
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:07 am

stephan wrote:I fly FS9. I have FSX. Had it for several years,but it sits in the case collecting dust. My system isnt strong enough to run it well. Also,thanks for the suggestions. But I defeated the problem. I made my own ai C5a. Works great. Thanks again.

Steph....

..have you tried making an old Harley Knuckle-Head out of all the stuff in your Kitchen...

..knives and forks, old pots and pans, etc..

....bits of old Lawn-Mower....and a bit of ingenuity... :D ...!

Paul.... :lol: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby stephan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:57 pm

Hahaha!!!! Nah....never tried to make one from kitchen utensils. Gorilla Tape , Super Glue and an old lawn mower may work. Let me get in the garage and get at it ! :lol: :lol:
stephan

Return to Aircraft Wanted