Puss Moth

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

Puss Moth

Postby ConcordeError404 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:07 pm

I usually fly first flights of airlines, and just out of interest, I wanted to try Air India's first ever flight from Karachi (OPKC) to Mumbai (VABB).
So, for that, I decided, "Well, I would be in need of a decent enough de Havilland DH80 Puss Moth."

So I do require one, and I thought it's best to ask all you guys for a good recommendation. I already found one here, but feel I'd need something more better
If not, then I do have the old DH80 on Simviation, so no problem
Alright even if it's freeware or payware
If you are unable to fly an aircraft, become the aircraft
-the guy who came with concept of a wing suit, perhaps
ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Puss Moth

Postby Daube » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:00 am

I don't know which one you got, but as far as I know the best Puss Moth you can get is the freeware one that was modelled by Milton Shuppe.
If I'm not mistaken, there was both an FS9 version and a FSX-native one.
That model had a great 3D model with very nice textures, and a very nice virtual cockpit too.

EDIT: I just searched, and the FSX-native version is available here at simviation, it's around 33 MBytes.
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ConcordeError404 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:53 am

Daube wrote:I don't know which one you got, but as far as I know the best Puss Moth you can get is the freeware one that was modelled by Milton Shuppe.
If I'm not mistaken, there was both an FS9 version and a FSX-native one.
That model had a great 3D model with very nice textures, and a very nice virtual cockpit too.

EDIT: I just searched, and the FSX-native version is available here at simviation, it's around 33 MBytes.

She flies well, just about to land at Mumbai
Thanks for the help Daube :dance:

ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Daube » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:17 am

Glad I could help, although I confess I'm having a hard time spotting the aircraft in your screenshot ;) :D
Mumbai... I remember I flew around there a few times back in the FSX/P3D days. My purpose was always to head to the Himalaya mountains, to either try to reach Lukla or maybe other exotic airports like Leh or Srinagar...
However, at that time the scenery was pretty poor in that area of the planet :/ Maybe I should give it another go in MSFS, to see how that area really looks like :)
Daube
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby ConcordeError404 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:58 am

Daube wrote:Glad I could help, although I confess I'm having a hard time spotting the aircraft in your screenshot ;) :D
Mumbai... I remember I flew around there a few times back in the FSX/P3D days. My purpose was always to head to the Himalaya mountains, to either try to reach Lukla or maybe other exotic airports like Leh or Srinagar...
However, at that time the scenery was pretty poor in that area of the planet :/ Maybe I should give it another go in MSFS, to see how that area really looks like :)

Yes indeed, took it at night time on approach, could be the bad angle of the camera that could have a role in blending the plane with the surroundings!
I'd recommend starting off Jaipur Intl (VIJP), if you're trying towards Lukla should you be taking a trip in MSFS. You may get to see the Thar desert on the way, plus it's more closer to Srinagar.

Either ways, thanks a bunch
ConcordeError404
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft Wanted