B-25 Mitchell P3Dv4

What aircraft have you been unable to find after a long search? There may be an answer!

B-25 Mitchell P3Dv4

Postby TruNorthSim » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:38 am

I'm looking for a developer that would be willing to create a nice B-25 Mitchell for P3Dv4.

I would like the interior and exterior comparable to the MAAM B-25 as far as quality. I've already contacted MAAM about making their product compatible with P3Dv4. They responded and agreed to release the source files ONLY if I found a developer willing to do it for free. I haven't found anyone in the past year, so I do not know if that offer is still on the table. I did contact a few developers during that time, but they all said they were too busy or making it the MAAM compatible would be too much of a chore.

I'm willing to pay for this aircraft with the idea of either releasing it as freeware or publishing it on SimMarket if the quality meets the required standard. I would be willing to include the developer in % of the profits of sales or buying full rights, but that all depends on the developer and I making a deal. I already have a business license and vendor account on SimMarket and have released a payware scenery myself.

This is legitimate, so it's a serious offer to any developers out there looking for a new freeware project or looking to get a product on the market.

If you're interested, let's talk. Message me.
TruNorthSim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: B-25 Mitchell P3Dv4

Postby pete » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:03 am

Might be worth contacting Manifred Jahn or Milton Shupe

Not sure if either are still developing. We mustall remember the huge amount of time and energy it takes to create these models and how amazingly generous people like this are.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TruNorthSim » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Thanks Pete.

I decided to sit up all night and convert the RCS B-25J to P3Dv4. It was a pain and took me about 6 hours, because I'm not that great at programming. I stumbled through a lot of xml code to get all the animations working right, but here she is in all her glory.

I haven't converted the original cockpit yet. Mostly because none of the guages are going to work correctly, and I'll need to take gauges from other freeware aircraft and hope to get it working. I'm temporarily using the cockpit from the C-47 BETA freeware.

This is for my own enjoyment right now. Nothing more. Unfortunately I won't be able to post it for others to use until I get permission from the devs whom I've already emailed.

I'm still interested in finding a developer willing to build a new one or greatly improve this freeware.

TruNorthSim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby TruNorthSim » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:38 pm

I figured out how to fix most of the issues I had with the one BlueBear. I finished it today, and I'll be uploading it to Simviation.

Here are the changes I've made to the aircraft...

1. Removed the black/untextured box between the front seats.

2. Added the lense for the HUD back to the model and made it light up at night.

3. Retextured the interior to give it a 'modern' appearance.

4. Changed the interior night lighting to green.

5. Added night vision. You can activate it by right clicking and clicking on Night Vision Goggles
in the popup menu. Zoom in and out with the +/- keys or whichever keys you have mapped to zoom
in and out.

6. Other small fixes or changes to the aircraft.cfg or the panel.cfg

Maybe one of these days we can get a nice payware of this aircraft. This one will work until then.
TruNorthSim
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Aircraft Wanted