Whidbey Island NAS

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Whidbey Island NAS

Postby CHUCK79 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:38 pm

Photoreal coverage of the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station in Oak Harbor, Wa. Photoreal scenery will include seasonal and night textures. All taxiways, runways and aprons redone to match real world imagery. Over 40 custom buildings have been modeled using Google Earth and other sources for reference. I used imagery of the actual roofs for most buildings. Over 100 parking spaces added (combat/cargo) using Google Earth images for reference Also added are static EA-6B and FA-18 aircraft by Guy Diotte on the aprons and working FLOLS trailers and arresting gear by Sylvain Parouty.

Here are some shots....

There's still some work to do....a few buildings still need to be modeled and I need to either try to model or find a static P-3 Orion. I have tried using Mike Stone's FS9 model, but it kills FPS for some reason. I haven't tried converting KBT's Orion with SAMM yet.....I have a feeling that it will have the same result.

If any of you GMAX wizards out there feel like whippin' out a simple static U.S. Navy P-3 Orion........ ::)
I thought I'd ask. In the mean time I'll try sharpening my GMAX skills ;)
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Whidbey Island NAS

Postby D. Miller » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:51 pm

A hanger you can park in????  You have my attention.  I am looking forward to this!
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
D. Miller
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Whidbey Island NAS

Postby CHUCK79 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:24 am

There are a total of five open hangars. Two can be travelled through, two are open in the front and one is an auto garage that can be parked in 8-)
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Scenery & Panel Design