Exclusion rectangles

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Exclusion rectangles

Postby Russell Irwin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:43 am

As a part of editing Akron (NY) airport, I've noticed that there is a large power converter about one mile from runway 25. I've tried removing it with exclusion rectangles in ADE, but after I compile my airport, I come to find that the rectangle was not saved with the airport. What is causing this?
Constructive criticism appreciated.
Russell Irwin
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Exclusion rectangles

Postby dave3cu » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 am

Not sure what you mean by 'power converter'.?

If you're referring to the power line tower in the approach path to 25, that is not an ordinary scenery object and cannot be removed with an exclusion rectangle. The tower is drawn by the 'Utilities' vectored poly (line) that draws the power line 'greenway' and the towers along it. To remove it......

In FSX, center your ac on the tower.
In ADE, select the (green) Add Polygon tool. Draw a small polygon (rectangle) around your aircraft location. In the Terrain Polygon Properties window select Type=Exclude General and Tag=Utilities.

Click OK and then save and compile the airport. The compile will save
Last edited by dave3cu on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby Russell Irwin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks. It worked great. In fact, I think I may be able to upload it in a few days.
Constructive criticism appreciated.
Russell Irwin
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Scruffyduck » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:38 am

but after I compile my airport, I come to find that the rectangle was not saved with the airport. What is causing this?

I am not sure I understand.
Last edited by Scruffyduck on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scruffyduck
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design