SBuilderX install problem

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

SBuilderX install problem

Postby CHUCK79 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:49 pm

I've been trying to install SbuilderX on my new PC with no success. FSX and the SDK are both installed in a non default location C/Games/.... . When I try to run SBuilderX after the install I get these messages:

First this one.
"FSX could not be found on this computer"

Then this one.
"ImageTool, Shp2Vec, Resample & BGLComp do not exist in the..\SBuilder\Tools folder and the Terrain SDK could not be found in this computer! Some BGL files can not be generated!"

And finally I get this message before SBuilderX shuts down.
"Could not find file '301b2su1.bmp.
Void FileCopy(System.String, System.String).......
......and on and on.

I also tried re-installing on my old PC with the same results.

Any ideas folks?
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: SBuilderX install problem

Postby dave3cu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Chuck,

If the SBX install can't find FSX then you can try the Flight1 Registry Repair Tool http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library to fix the registry entry for FSX path.

Or in SBX goto Edit>FSX Settings, and use the browse buttons to set the FSX.exe path and the path to the various SDK assets required.
Last edited by dave3cu on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby CHUCK79 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks for the reply, Dave. I tried the registry repair tool and it did not work.
Editing settings from inside SBX is impossible for me. The program never opens. When i run SBX I get the above string of error messages and then when I click "OK" the errors close and nothing else happens.
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dave3cu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Chuck,

Dunno?? Before responding to your post, I installed SBX for the first time to a new system I built awhile back. FSX and the SDK are installed to non-default locations. My os is Windows 7, 64 bit.

I downloaded the SBX installer from here: http://www.ptsim.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=40&Itemid=18.

No problems or errors installing SBX and it appears to be working properly. I installed SBX to a non-default location to avoid the Win7 'security' problems associated with installing to the default ...\Programs(x86)\.. location.
Last edited by dave3cu on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Postby CHUCK79 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:26 pm

[quote]Chuck,

Dunno?? Before responding to your post, I installed SBX for the first time to a new system I built awhile back. FSX and the SDK are installed to non-default locations. My os is Windows 7, 64 bit.

I downloaded the SBX installer from here: http://www.ptsim.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=40&Itemid=18.

No problems or errors installing SBX and it appears to be working properly. I installed SBX to a non-default location to avoid the Win7 'security' problems associated with installing to the default ...\Programs(x86)\.. location.
CHUCK79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dave3cu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:27 pm

Great!!
Last edited by dave3cu on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dave3cu
Major
Major

Return to Scenery & Panel Design