custom panels

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

custom panels

Postby marcus41a » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:39 pm

hello all! well im trying to figure out how i can customize fsx panels??? a hud from one aircraft.... maybey the garman 1000.... asi from another.... how can i do this?? i want to have a 4 monitor setup one monitor dedicated for my custom panel and the three other monitors for the earth.. iv look and looked but no luck.. help anyone??
gauges as well...
also how can i replace a gauge in an aircraft with another gauge from a different aircraft? the hud on my f16 sucks compared to a hud from another.... or id like to have that good ol radar on all my aircraft panel on most of my planes! i guess i want to learn all about altering guages and panels and not nessisarly creating them... where do i start???
Last edited by marcus41a on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcus41a
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: custom panels

Postby Webb » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:01 pm

The simple answer is that every aircraft has a file named panel.cfg associated with it.  This is a text file that can be edited with notepad.

If you plan to seriously get into panel editing you will want FS Panel Studio.

I have no experience with multiple monitors.
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Sen. John Blutarsky

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it. - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Jim
Webb
Major
Major

Re: custom panels

Postby marcus41a » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:41 am

thanks for the info and the link!
marcus41a
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Scenery & Panel Design