scenery objects not found,missing textures

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

scenery objects not found,missing textures

Postby mag_ddave » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:44 am

;D  I'm Ddaved and confused.I have designed 3 different carrier battle groups for CFS1 using Airport 2.60 and using Dan Geis macros and H_Paul's clear.api for the helo pads and to make the Essex class carrier deck landable.I have one problem.All three sceneries work perfectly in my game but when my squad mates try it,the wakes don't show up in 2 of the 3 sceneries.All three have the same ships,textures,r8's,bmp,s etc.I am totally puzzled.The one scenery that works for all visuals,wakes are good(has carrier battle group and aux airfield) has "scenery objects not found error message" Is that because I'm missing  a bgl?or texture?
Any ideas, help,suggestions,macro /texture tutorial would be appreciated.Thanks for your time. :) :D ;D
mag_ddave
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: scenery objects not found,missing textures

Postby Hagar » Sun Mar 16, 2003 12:06 pm

Hi MAG_Ddave. I have never played online but don't think this makes any difference to the principles. If the scenery works fine for you it seems most likely to me that your friends are missing some textures or installed the scenery incorrectly. For the carrier macros you will see the textures listed in the macro itself. Make sure they have the correct ones. If in doubt, send them again & tell them to paste them into the CFS1\Texture folder.

Some scenery objects require the Airport, VOD or various other 3rd party common textures installed to the CFS\Texture folder to display correctly. Make sure you read the instructions for any macros you're using. The textures are posted in the scenery sections on this site.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
Member of the Fox Four Group
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mag_ddave » Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:07 pm

;)Ty Hagar.I had a feeling about the Dday and VOD api's and textures needing to be included.I guess that being in a local texture file is not enough.They need to be in the main CFS texture file.One thing you said about viewing macros.How do I "look inside" an api to see what textures are included?I really appreciate your input.~S~ :) :D ;D
mag_ddave
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:24 pm

MAG_Ddave. I have some experience with using Dan's ship macros although this was a while ago. As I remember there are 2 different basic types of carrier which don't use the same textures. You can edit the macros from within Airport 2.60 or open them with Notepad or any text editor. The texures will usually be either in .r8 or .BMP format. Do a search for both to find them.

The carrier textures should work fine from their local texture subfolders. As your squad-mates are having problems I suggested pasting them into the CFS\Texture folder to make sure they are installed. I suspect they did install the carriers properly but you forgot to send them just 1 or 2 textures.

Founder & Sole Member - Grumpy's Over the Hill Club for Veteran Virtual Aviators
My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Postby mag_ddave » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:01 pm

::)Thanks Hagar for the reply.One more question then I'll leave you alone lol.I have bmp's and r8's of the same texture in the local texture folder.Will these somehow conflict with each other?At first I had just the bmp's but when folks didn't get complete scenery objects(the wakes would look like one long empty rectangle) I added the r8's.Will this help or hurt? Thanks again for your time.Ddave
mag_ddave
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Hagar » Mon Mar 17, 2003 2:48 am

MAG_Ddave. No this should not cause a conflict but is not necessary. The texture name & format are defined in the API macros & the BGLs themselves. It won't read files in the wrong format. You need to use the original textures included with the macros. Unless these were modified by a 3rd party, Dan's original ship macros use R8 textures. AFAIK

My Google Photos albums
My Flickr albums
Hagar
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Scenery & Panel Design