Airport & textures

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Airport & textures

Postby mag_ddave » Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 pm

;D I have built a couple of airfields using Airport2.60.The texture files never go into the texture folder while all the bgl.s go to the scenery folder.I noticed that when I click on the " the prepare for distribution " button,I get a scenery file distribution list with a large number of texture files listed.Are these the files(bmp's & r8's) I need to put into scenery texture folder? I can do that manually but is that how it should work?Also,I see textures listed I know do not apply to my scenery.I also don't see textures I know I do need and are not in the games'(CFS1) stock main texture folder.Any idea's ,input,help,suggestions or free aspirin to solve this little headache?Thanks for your time. ;)
mag_ddave
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Airport & textures

Postby H_PAUL » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 am

H_owdy,

When you design scenery, you will want to include any textures associated with your objects(r8's & bmp's) in your "new scenery/texture directory, especially if you are going to upload your creation or send it to a friend eh..........
H_PAUL
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Airport & textures

Postby mag_ddave » Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:05 pm

;D and H_owdy to u sir.TY for your input.I figured as much but I wasn't sure.I think the 'local" texture folder will need everything not in stock CFS1 texture folder.I've had a few friends say"the carrier is all white" lol.So I'll go back & put in what I need. Thanks again.By the way,love your scenery.Great stuff! Ddave  :D
mag_ddave
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design