Manually resizing gauges from within .cfg file

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Manually resizing gauges from within .cfg file

Postby fisharno » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:09 pm

Hey all.

I've got a autopilot gauge that's a little too small to see the LED displays clearly. (My old-ass eyes ain't what they used to be!)
Here's how the gauge reads in it's .cfg file:

gauge01=c5m!Autopilot, 45, 2, 440

I believe 2 of the 3 numbers on the right represent it's size on the panel. I've got plenty of room on the panel to increase the gauge's X-Y but don't know which numbers are which.

Any help is appreciated.
Al
fisharno
Captain
Captain

Re: Manually resizing gauges from within .cfg file

Postby _526th_Fireman » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:41 pm

There should be four sets of numbers there. The first two deal with the gauge position and the second two deal with the size of the gauge.

The easy way is to get CFGEdit. It is a free Panel design program utility and makes positioning and sizing gauges very simple. It's here for download I think, or you can go to http://www.cfgedit.com and get it.
Systemax Sabre Ultimate gaming rig.

I got all the goodies and all the power I need to run anything thrown at me for the next two months!
_526th_Fireman
Major
Major

Re: Manually resizing gauges from within .cfg file

Postby fisharno » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:05 am

Thanks, Fireman.

I've played with CfgEdit before, and didn't want to have to install it again, since I took it off when I installed FS2K2. I just thought it'd be easier to simply resize the gauge from the .cfg file.

I did just learn that CfgEdit will work with some of the 2002 panels that don't have the .xml gauges. This particular panel doesn't. I'll have to reinstall it again and tweak this one with CE.

Thanks, again.
fisharno
Captain
Captain

Return to Scenery & Panel Design