Movable objects from a moving object

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Movable objects from a moving object

Postby Dave T » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:05 pm

Still trying to be able to pick up objects from a moving ship. Ai carriers will not place objects directly onto the carrier.
A few fails using the default ai carrier as test platform near the GG Bridge, my save starts at Monday 18.50 local and the carrier moves at 19.15 local saved so that it is repeatable.
another test most of the objects have disappeared
this test was a disaster
I added brake parameters to object and simvar entries which held some of the objects on the deck for a longer period of time but still did not work.
The crated fuel tank almost made it
Objects thrown off deck
The closest I have got to success is the fisherman stayed on the deck throughout the turn and I was able to get the cable to attach to the fisherman. Anyone know the location of a large slow moving ship with hard deck that is stationary for a period of time and that doesn't make the vicious turn that this carrier does at the start?
Dave T
Major
Major

Re: Movable objects from a moving object

Postby napamule » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Do yourself a favor and set 'Date/Time' to August, any Saturday, any year. This will give you extra hours of daylight.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Shadowcaster » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:07 am

Dave, that's a great set of screen shots, you've raised the bar with them. :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Cheers
Rich
All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

Spike Milligan
Shadowcaster
Major
Major

Postby napamule » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:28 pm

This is the 'Scenery and Panel Design' forum. Not the Screenshot forum. He has a problem with moveable objects and wants some help. I don't do this kind of operation so can't help.
Chuck B
Napamule
napamule
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design