FS2004 scenery objects library?

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

FS2004 scenery objects library?

Postby TryHinkel » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:52 am

Did anyone ever put up a list of all stock FS2004 scenery objects, such as ILS antennas, fuel stops, and so on, with their file names? I'm gonna try to do this the manual way, compiling into XML and then converting to BGL. Thanks!
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FS2004 scenery objects library?

Postby TryHinkel » Mon May 01, 2017 3:22 pm

So, found the generic BGL in FS2004, which lists/has all the generic scenery objects that unadulterated FS2004 uses. Copied it to the desktop, ran BGL Analyze on it...BAM. There it was, on the desktop...with 219 other files. Ow. After cleaning off the Desktop, went into the newly-made XML and there was a list of 219 object titles, all in alphanumeric code. So, I'm somewhere. Just gotta find out what they are, so time to make 22 XMLs, each with 10 objects, convert them to BGLs, place them a few at a time in some desolate area and give each number an image and a title.

Just made one file of 10 library objects, placed them at some flat, wide-open place (Kearney, Nebraska airport) and there they are...sitting pretty. Will try to get images and descriptions, catalog it all and, if anyone's still doing FS2004 scenery, well, there they'll be...if you want to place them manually. This may take a couple of days, as there's 3 grandgirls here vying for Grampa's attention.
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: FS2004 scenery objects library?

Postby TryHinkel » Wed May 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Got it all inventoried, except images. That process was interrupted by the death of a friend last night, images seem rather tedious at this point. If anyone wants a list to use to make their own XMLs and BGLCOMP them without scenery placement software, just let me know.
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design