Modification of the KPWT/Bremerton Airport package

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Modification of the KPWT/Bremerton Airport package

Postby TryHinkel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:30 am

Sorry for the extra post, but it arises out of the former one I put up. The reason I'd tried to get RWY12 Scenery Placer was to modify the KPWT (Bremerton) scenery package here: I'd modified and hyperaccuracized the airport layout with AFCAD (plus Google Earth and AirNav) because since the scenery pack's debut, Bremerton's runway changed: the runway is still 6,000 feet, but (a) the former Runway 20 (no longer 1/19, BTW) displaced threshold of 1,000 feet is now an overrun area/"blast pad", thus (b) 1,000 feet of runway was added to the south end, and as a result (c) the scenery's fence cuts into the new taxiways (A and H) leading to that extension (The #1 reason)...oh, and (d) the extreme north taxiway between Taxiway B and the very north end is now closed.

Since I couldn't modify the fencing by reposition, the offending section was removed from KPWT's scenery folder. The scenery BGL file which was removed to eliminate that section of fence was a BGL called KPWTf3 and removing it made the airport's now-longer runway accessible at the Belfair (south) end...

Well, not quite. The fence was gone, sure, but there were trees on the newly-liberated section of A and Taxiway H. A BGL Exclude was made to get rid of 'em...now the updated scenery is usable.

The original scenery package is excellent, because the buildings and other facilities that are part of it are as accurate as you can get. I know this because I lived in Bremerton/Port Orchard from April, 2015 to June, 2016 and spent a lot of time at the airport, meeting my dad and his 172 friend there whenever they showed up...and partaking in their restaurant's renowned fish & chips. If you're ever there and want good fish & chips, theirs is second-to-none.

If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to send a BGL file to remove the trees...and, if you'd like, my AFCAD BGL for the revised Bremerton Airport layout (includes properly-relocated localizer and removes the Tower frequency, as there is no control tower there anymore) and a refueling hot-spot (I'm adding that now, will be ready by tomorrow). In fact, it can be bundled and uploaded here, if there's no objection from the admins. I tried to contact Mark Smith and Company, but their site is gone and I can't find any e-mails on them, it's about impossible to reach them. Anyway, again, thanks!
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Modification of the KPWT/Bremerton Airport package

Postby TryHinkel » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:07 am

The Update package for KPWT is now ready for upload. If any moderators are reading, is it allowable to upload it into the Simviation database? I could not locate Mr. Mark Smith and his site no longer exists, so this would be listed as an unofficial upgrade for his original Bremerton Airport package. Thanks!
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Modification of the KPWT/Bremerton Airport package

Postby TryHinkel » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:15 am

Just uploaded the Unofficial Update. If it's denied or removed, I understand.
TryHinkel
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design