Wanted:Source for STATIC military ac (NOT ai)

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Wanted:Source for STATIC military ac (NOT ai)

Postby stephan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:39 pm

I have searched quite a bit (several hours) for STATIC aircraft to use in my airports. My system cant handle a lot of additional ai flights. So,I opted to run regular default flight plans for FS2004 and download some STATIC ac to place here and there using the program ADE9. I cant find static military ac anywhere. SO...I downloaded a program SAMM that takes your flyable ac and copies them,and transforms them to static ac. Problem is (and it MAY be my fault...not running program correctly) the resulting static ac show up in a file that is the same as add-on scenery. That is unacceptable. I simply need static military ac. ADE9 can extract static object bgls from some add on scenery and they can be used in other airports,but I am tired of the extra work. Does ANY one know of a source for static military ac? If not,how about static airliners? Thanks much. (( BTW...they are to be used in FS2004))
stephan

Re: Wanted:Source for STATIC military ac (NOT ai)

Postby OldAirmail » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:26 pm

That's a good question. I wondered about doing something similar in FSX, and now in P3d.

Hope someone has a useable answer that doesn't take a computer degree.
.. .
Get the most out of your controls - SPAD.neXt

. . . . . .Any time, any plane, any weather.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . Prepar3d V4
OldAirmail
Major
Major

Postby pete » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:28 am

We have a lot of them here (Always check out simviation -- we have litterally 1000's of pages of files - Site map)

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... &x=10&y=10

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Scenery+ ... ects-100-0

I see no reason why any FSX static aircraft cannot be placed in FS2004 and visa versa
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby stephan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Thanks a BUNCH Pete !!! I'll check it out right away. I didnt know you could use FSX ac as static in the FS9 sim. That's a new one on me.
ALSO,...hehehe,... I see ya changed your avatar and name here in the forum. No more Fozzer ??? :o What's the world coming to? !!!! :lol:
stephan

Postby stephan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:45 pm

Well,things are running 100% in the failure direction. Having downloaded 20! of the so called static add ons from the links provided to me,NOT ONE would shpw up on my airport. NONE. I set my sliders to max in the sim display settings,...nothing. I went to ADE9 and set the new static item in every setting,from Normal to extreme and still nothing. I have used ADE9 flawlessly in the past and see no reason why these add ons shouldnt work,unless FSX statics dont display on FS9,...not to mention that there are those add ons that were simply more Add-On Scenery folders,with the scenery folder AND texture folder. This again,adds frame rate hits far beyond what a simple bgl file add on would create. AND,..I have the program RWY12,but havent the foggiest idea how to use it. I can use ADE9 and AFCAD with no problem,but RWY12 and the several others out there for airport editing...cant seem to get them to work,or else I dont understand their massive instructions. Thanks anyway for the offers to help,but nothing worked,so it seems I'll be stealing statics from other sceneries. But thats how it goes. /// BTW... I SHOULD get promoted to 1st Lt simply for dealing with the minimals FS9 provides us. ;)
stephan

Postby stephan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:01 am

HA!!! FINALLY... I learned the basics of RWY12 object placer and got a few things placed. Light posts and a couple civilian airliners. BUT,...locating static military ac that works with ADE9 or RWY12 is like looking for hen's teeth. The search goes on.
stephan

Postby pete » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:52 am

ALSO,...hehehe,... I see ya changed your avatar and name here in the forum. No more Fozzer ??? :o What's the world coming to? !!!! :lol:

?? Fozzer is still here .... & I haven't changed name/avatar ....... :think: .... Surely you are not mixing the 2 of us up? :naughty: :shock: :D
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby stephan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:32 am

Well,getting mixed up is something I do well,LOL. That is quite possible. Fozzer also goes by Pete,doesnt he? If not,...BOY,have I been goofed up for a long time,hahaha. I've been calling him Fozzer AND (....hm,....now,I am confused...was it Pete or Paul that I call him)... must be the altitude,...lack of oxygen to the grey matter,LOL. At any rate, Thanks to the both of you gents because I have received a LOT of help,pointers and knowledge of FS9 from you gents. Well, it's time to get busy else where. Just wondering...isnt Ginko Biloba supposed to be good for the memory?... think I'll make a bed of the stuff and hibernate for the winter,hehehe.
stephan

Postby stephan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:37 am

Yep! Fozzer is PAUL,...and you're Pete !!! Arent you glad I got ya straightened out on that,hehehe. Yeah,that bed of Ginko sure sounds like the remedy for this aging Airedale .
(Gadzooks !!! I just clicked off while catching the promotion out of the corner of my eye! No more Mr. Butter Bar here,bud ! hahahaha. On my way to being a lifer in the simulation world. Ah,the simulated pay increase should be great! ;) ) Thanks boss !
stephan

Return to Scenery & Panel Design