Virtual Oshkosh - EAA Airventure

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Virtual Oshkosh - EAA Airventure

Postby pegger » Wed May 13, 2015 9:03 am

It's an annual pilgrimage to the City of Oshkosh, Wisconsin by tens of thousands of aviation enthusiasts and manufacturers alike. It's THE place to be in July if you are an aviation buff.

Unfortunately, most of us can only dream of attending this event, and can resort only to our trusty flight sims to try and capture the experience.

This is where I come in. I am the scenery developer for a popular online FSX direct connect community called FSx-MP. We host a virtual Oshkosh fly-in event that coincides with the week of the real event.
This year, we decided that an overhaul of the FSX Oshkosh scenery was required for a more up-to-date and realistic experience.

At this point in time, we have the initial beta release available for download. We are seeking active FSX online pilots to test the scenery. We need people to put the scenery through the paces to ensure that performance is as expected. Again, the current release is only the first beta test. If you'd like to help out please head over to our forum to access the file. You can even reach out to me on our TeamSpeak to discuss the scenery if needed. The scenery is located here http://www.fsx-mp.com/apps/forums/topics/show/13184535-kosh-2015-scenery-beta-testing-now-active

Once we have the scenery dialed in and working as expected, I fully intend to post it here at simviation for the world to share. If you have any questions, just ask!
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Virtual Oshkosh - EAA Airventure

Postby Jean Loup » Wed May 13, 2015 9:50 am

Is there an FS 2004 version available? An old one, maybe? GRACiAS, Jean :obscene-drinkingcheers:
...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby pegger » Wed May 13, 2015 11:02 am

Sorry Jean, I have not constructed this scenery with fs2004 in mind. And I honestly doubt that I will put the effort in to do so, as we are under a tight timeline to have this ready for our event in July.

However, once it is complete and posted here at simviation, I would have no problem with anybody converting the fsx version down to fs2004, if that's even possible. I don't know anything about that topic. I've been firmly rooted in FSX since day 1.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby logjam » Wed May 13, 2015 5:01 pm

I seem to remember that Microsoft themselves put out an Oshkosh scenery for one of the older FSims, was it 2002? I know I had it installed in one of my older PC's that got trashed.
logjam
Major
Major

Postby pegger » Fri May 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Just a little bump for the topic. Only 65 days until the event, and I'd like to finalize the scenery sooner rather than later.
I notice lots of hits at the download link. If you have had a chance to look over the scenery, please let me know about any issues you may have noticed so I can make corrections before official release.

Thanks for your assistance.
pegger
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jean Loup » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:32 pm

logjam wrote:I seem to remember that Microsoft themselves put out an Oshkosh scenery for one of the older FSims, was it 2002? I know I had it installed in one of my older PC's that got trashed.

It is in FS 2004 as AirVenture 2002 (NOT the Duxford quality though :naughty: )

...LiCENSE & REGiSTRATiON !!
Jean Loup
Captain
Captain

Postby logjam » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Thanks Jean, I'll try and re-install on FS9.
logjam
Major
Major

Return to Scenery & Panel Design