Upgrade Thomas Ruths 727's ???

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Upgrade Thomas Ruths 727's ???

Postby Jetranger » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:19 pm

Recently, I tried to use the Upgrade for "Thomas Ruths" Boeing 727-100's & 200's and Advanced Aircraft.

I explictely followed the instructions with all the read me files.

I already had Thomas Ruths 727's all 3 the 100 - 200 - and Advanced models but they had NO actual working "FMC" or "INS" in the Center Console .

I wanted to change that ( I did just not using this supposed upgrade) !!!!!!

I tried 6 different ways of trying to make this work and it was a no go, 6 hours later.

I found enteries in the FMC and INS PANEL Folder , that well just won't let it work.

(was this thoroughly actually Tested out and loaded up before being uploaded - I wonder ????????)

I'm no stranger to tweaking Aircraft for I have over 4,775 Aircraft in my FSX and been sim pilot since 2002.

I'm wondering for those out there who may have Thomas Ruths 727's models,

Have any of you actually tried this Upgrade ??????? :?

The UPGRADE will either give you an FMC or an INS in the center console , depending on how you set it up you can have both or just the FMC in all you 727's.

This is ""NOT"" stress "NOT" a complete Aircraft and its NOT meant to be !!!

Its only files to UPGRADE Thomas Ruths 727 models only , there is NO Airfile and there is lack of Aircraft CFG Flight dynamics.

There are certain VC / Virtual Cockpit files that have to go in certain places as to particular Aircraft or it will NOT Work and they are Different "VC" files

FMC VC FILES

INS VC FILES

and those have to be injected properly and match with the Aircrafts PANEL = Entries

PANEL= FMC

PANEL= INS

Which will then be tied to the Aircraft Model Entry

and Each MODEL has its on VC Interior Model File , they are BOTH DIFFERENT and are tied to either the FMC or the INS !!! (Very Important) !!!

Anyway I tried until the Sun came up, to get the UPGRADE to work, I finally decided enough and I'll do things "MY - WAY" Now, which is the only way and right way !!

I now have a working FMC in the VC / Virtual Cockpit of Thomas Ruths 727 models in the Center Console !!

and ALL its buttons work and turns ON / OFF and Display information correctly.

However, from what I can tell the supposed UPGRADE of the other File that I download, only gives users a Illusionary Fantasy FMC /INS that's shows up , but is NOT actually workable, its there in looks but NOT actually functionable or useable .

from what I can tell after messing with it anyway.

Now I know why I rarely see any Screen Shots of Thomas Ruths 727's with an "actual working" FMC in the console !!

I tossed that upgrade and did things my way, which worked and lot less hassle !

but has anybody ever got the Upgrade to work ?????

I'd like to know.

8th one down from the TOP : http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=boeing+727&categoryId=&page=3&filename=

Its NOT an upgrade by Thomas Ruth however , but by somebody else : " T MARSON " from 2011 when it was uploaded.

Jetranger

Jetranger
Major
Major

Re: Upgrade Thomas Ruths 727's ???

Postby Jetranger » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Thomas Ruths 727-200 Advanced Update

SiNCE I TRIED & Failed to Install / Inject that other FMC system , I come up with one on my own after 14 hours of working on it non-stop until the Sun was coming up !!!

But I got Er' Boys , got Dat' Sucker Installed, had to improvise a tad bit but it works likes it supposed to ! :dance: :clap:

Now if I can just figure out - where I'm goin :roll: :?

Below are some High Quality "IMAX" Photos of how it turned out and ended up looking once properly installed into the Thomas Ruths 727-200 Advanced Jetliner, tho it can be put into any of Thomas Ruths 727's 100 or 200 model series, which I'll work on soon.

De' Jetranger :shock:

Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Victory103 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:47 am

Great job on all that work. I thought I had it working in the previous listed install. I also have ISG panels that I wanted to add, no joy. His models are all very nicely done. Did you get the TCAS working on the G. Smith FMC?
Victory103
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jetranger » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:40 am

don't believe this particular FMC has TCAS installed in it.

I thought about swapping out the center radar/ TCAS in the console with one from a payware version I have, but,,, this took longer than expected just to do this, not sure I wanna mess with the center one yet.

Next Step is to add some lite shading on all the grey cockpit panels, so everything doesn't blend in together so much.

gotta take a break for a while, already spent oddles & gobs of time on this little project.

have to really watch the VC01 files, when you download one from a site, if their NOT the correct FMC or INS VC textures, you'll end up with a crazy looking console panel, knobs of the INS poking thru the FMC where they shouldn't be !!!

that was 1 problem I had, was sifting thru the VC01 & VC02 cockpit files to make sure they matched correctly, and they weren't so, I had to fix that mess 1st, which took a while.

more on these 727-200ADV & 727-200's later,,, taking a break fer now ! :) :P
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby pete » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:40 am

hey Jetranger, Great work!
Why don't you share that? Remember folk here ion the forums are only a tiny % of the simviation users. I'm sure many would appreciate your effort.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jetranger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:47 am

OK - Pete , I will, I really had to take a short break from looking at CFG Files for to long, bothered my eyes.

and painting.

I've still got some lite shading to do on the cockpit files so everything isn't quite so Grey and blending together so much.

that and I been experimenting with that FMC Console, making it just about 2 to 3 shades darker in certain places then the rest of the console, so it looks better and like its got some wear to it.

Get this 727 project done, time to move back to the other Secret Interior Files that I still have to finish, tho lotta of ya already sen those files in another post a few months ago.

When I get those done, I plan on uploading them here on Simviation for ya'll to have, cause ain't nobody but nobody gonna have a nicer passenger cabin then Simviation members in that FREEWARE Plane !! :P :D :dance:

just its time consuming to do,, and get it right and theres 7 different colors of interiors I'm working on , so you'll have 7 different color options & schemes to make the passenger cabins stand out then the Default that originated with it.

Trouble is I think about it - faster than I can actually do it :think: :doh: :shifty:

in time rome wasn't built in a day ??? :doh:
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby Jetranger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:52 am

Ohhhh ya, some serious 727 Action here that just got posted by my friend Christen up in seattle !!

loud screamin' 727'S from another era :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_wirrYTajQ[/youtube]
Jetranger
Major
Major

Return to Scenery & Panel Design