How to add NAV/GPS toggle to VC panel

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

How to add NAV/GPS toggle to VC panel

Postby Jerry45 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Could anyone show me how to add a NAV/GPS toggle or switch to any VC panel, I've looked over a number of panel and aircraft cfg files and just can't get a handle on it.
Jerry45
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: How to add NAV/GPS toggle to VC panel

Postby Fozzer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:18 pm

The "VC" panels of aircraft are designed and constructed by the original aircraft designer, and generally cannot be modified or altered.
Only the "2D" panel can be altered by accessing the Panel Folder, and modifying the contents.

An excellent program for working on 2D panels...>>> http://www.fspanelstudio.com/

Highly recommended for 2D panel enthusiasts!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby jcj78 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:50 pm

I just assign a key to the function. In fact I assign the "n" key to it. I think default, this is the nav1 radio button or something. It was something I could do without, I remember that much.
--
I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics, that a man's reasoning powers are not above a monkey's. - Mark Twain
jcj78
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby Jerry45 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:51 pm

I was afraid it would be something like that, I appreciate the replies. Some of the downloads have it on their panels and I wondered if there were a more realistic approach. Thanks again.
Jerry45
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Scenery & Panel Design