fs9 Scenery in FSX

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

fs9 Scenery in FSX

Postby Tunafish » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:54 pm

Greetings Illustrious Simming Colleagues!

I'm sure you'll relish getting your teeth into this one:

I've finally installed FSX, and have tried to addon some scenery I made for fs9 (Scenery and Texture files)
Well of course, this will not surprise you but my scenery is just not showing!!!............ <<q

Could someone please put me out of my misery and tell me what it is I'm doing wrong?

I worship the ground you stand on!

Tuna
Tunafish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: fs9 Scenery in FSX

Postby Fozzer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:26 pm

From what I remember, adding scenery in FSX is the same procedure as adding scenery in FS9.

From the Tutorial..>>> http://simviation.com/1/fsxscenery

Note: when you get to the Add-on scenery page >>> "add scenery" (above tutorial),...select the scenery, select ADD, and IMPORTANT, remember to click in the middle of the open window for it to take effect....otherwise it wont show!
(A peculiarity of Windows 7/8!)

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!

P.S...all my FS 2004 scenery works fine in my FSX!.... :D ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Tunafish » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Thank you Paul for that.

I see what you mean: there's that quirky little detail about having to click in the middle of the open window so that the scenery is recognised!!! :roll:

Sadly I can now see that scenery I made, that worked fine in fs9, has got some SERIOUS defects in FSX :o ........ however am sure that a little more experience should iron out these "minor details" ........................................ :whistle:
Tunafish
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Fozzer » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Glad you got the scenery add-on procedure sorted, Tuna!

A slight problem sometimes, is that the scenery "Mesh" may be a little different in FSX to that in FS 2004, so that there may be a slight problem with the elevation of some ground objects!

Unless it is very serious, I tend to ignore it, because the FS 2004 scenery is so nice!... :D ...!
..and if it does cause a big problem, I just "un-tick it" in the Add-on Library list...and find something else that works... ;) ...!

Paul..."....another fine Mesh you have got us into, Stanley!".... :lol:
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Scenery & Panel Design