Grass n trees unwanted on homemade airport.

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Grass n trees unwanted on homemade airport.

Postby stephan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:21 am

Howdy folks.I just created an airport KLIQ for my FS9. Everything looks great.I used AFCAD at first,but finished off with ADE. Problem is,I have trees in the midst of the parking area,and grass on the taxiways.Anyone know how to rid my airport of these items? Keep in mind,at my financial point in time,I have no choice but to use freeware.Money is too tight right now.Thanks for any help folks.
stephan

Re: Grass n trees unwanted on homemade airport.

Postby ARXguru » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:44 am

Welcome to scenery design!

Assuming you have "flattened" the airport, you can create an autogen exclude polygon the same way. Or you can just open your polygon for flatten and under Tag where it says flatten, just select flatten-exclude autogen.

This will both flatten the airport and get rid of all the autogen within the boundaries of the polygon.

If you want your exclude to be separate of the flatten just add a new polygon (the button with the green blob that looks sort of like a lake). Just make sure it says exclude autogen and you're good!
ARXguru
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby stephan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:35 pm

ARXguru...thanks a bunch bud! Sorry it took me so long to acknowledge your comment to my post.I had forgotten about posting this and just ran across it with surprise. I'll give your suggestion a shot. As always,I appreciate all responses to my many questions here in Simviation. There isnt a sim site I have yet to see where the folks in the forums are as ready to try and help as they are here.Good folks here,and I remain faithful. Again,much appreciation for your time to help with this problem! :D
stephan

Postby ARXguru » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 pm

No worries. Glad you got it working.

Do you plan to release it?
ARXguru
Ground hog
Ground hog

Return to Scenery & Panel Design