FS2004 Pirate Island /SteveGs Military Objects and THANK YOU

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

FS2004 Pirate Island /SteveGs Military Objects and THANK YOU

Postby Eaglezero6205 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello Guys.

I'm new to the forums Ive been coming to Simviation for years however. Like the new look. I uploaded as my Original Contribution to the modding community for FS2004 , Pirate Island.
Ive often wondered what people thought and wished there was a downloads comments section ,back then however I dont think you can comment other then Via their Email left in the download readmes usually.

I remember it had over 50,000 downloads but I think at some point the site was reset for all downloads and so now the numbers different, thats fine I'm just glad people liked it as much as they did. I had great fun building for everyone. Alot of what looks good and what doesn't went into that. :) I would check the downloads now and then and saw the numbers but never any feedback and Often wondered. I left the flight sim community about 4 years ago. Everyone began switching to FSX and my flight group all had their lives and we went our separate ways.

Over the years I made alot of scenery for our group VFTLM Virtual Fly the Limit Military. We were an attachment to Fly the Limit A long running popular UK Server. In fact the man ran the UKs first Flight sim convention.
In which we did Aerobatics Fly over in the sim over haha. But looking back I have always wanted to know how people enjoyed the Island.

My latest addition to this site was Steve G.s Military Objects. I made these along time back and thought that it would have been selfish to keep these objects on my PC knowing the fun we had with them in our group.
I also made alot of military bases considering we were a Military I did half of Iraq haha I had some in Bosnia and a few others scattered even some nam scenery. Anyways maybe this is in the wrong area for posting
as I said Im new to the forums so please forgive me if it is.

I plan to release Everything Ive ever made for our group and my own personal use including a very large project in which I couldnt run on my pc well anymore
A city so big and so detailed with custom objects you would feel like you were playing grand theft auto in FS04 haha, I liked driving my viper around in it. Was great fun.

I will be giving this community all of my offerings. Its this community here at simviation that fueled our fun over the years as a militaryand flight group of friends. We used many ,many aircraft made freeware from this site.

I do say I have to give honorable mention to the many great scenery builders before whose object libraries inspired my own Scenery Building and were included in many of my own projects. Like Rons,Woodys EZ libs. And a very Honorable Mention to MCD Mil Lib Creator where I got my start in military Scenery Creation and Inspiration. I had the honor of speaking with a lot of these gentleman personally and if they are still around I just wanted to say Thanks for the good times given to our Group.

My main goal here is to start topics for the new Uploads so that they can be commented on ,for me as a creator to read feedback positives and negatives. So if this was the right Area for this cool if not I apologize.
As this was the only area I saw for scenery.

Thanks Simviation.com

Sincerely,Steve G.
Eaglezero6205
Ground hog
Ground hog

Re: FS2004 Pirate Island /SteveGs Military Objects and THANK

Postby Eaglezero6205 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:03 am

Hey guys heres a link to a video I made to showcase the Island since usually Downloads are just a pic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4zbEqZ ... VqC_XnwLqw
Ill be making a Video of Dodge City Soon as well, till then stay frosty, Ive been out of school due to medical illness so Im catching up on projects of the past releasing what I have and letting others have as much fun as I did.
Eaglezero6205
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby Eaglezero6205 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:03 am

Heres some pics.

Image Image
Eaglezero6205
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby zswobbie1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:33 am

Welcome back, I do remember this from way back. I think I will give it a try again. Thanks.
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:54 am

zswobbie1 wrote:Welcome back, I do remember this from way back. I think I will give it a try again. Thanks.

..same here!

Installing it again on a more recent computer!

...(into FSX...see how it goes)... ;) ...1

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby PhantomTweak » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:28 pm

I downloaded Pirate Island quite a while back, and have enjoyed hopping around it in the C185 floatplane very much! Ty for putting it up! :D

Haven't found the Object Library you put in, but soon as I do, in it goes too! :lol:

Thanks again for both!
Pat☺
Have fun, fly high, far, and free!
Pat
2S7, Chiloquin OR Image
PhantomTweak
Captain
Captain

Postby Hawkeye07 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Fozzer wrote:
zswobbie1 wrote:Welcome back, I do remember this from way back. I think I will give it a try again. Thanks.

..same here!

Paul, let me ask a dumb question here. Can FS9 scenery be used in FSX as you mentioned in this post? I've tried once or twice before but with less then acceptable results.

Doug

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:19 pm

Hawkeye07 wrote:
Fozzer wrote:

..same here!

Paul, let me ask a dumb question here. Can FS9 scenery be used in FSX as you mentioned in this post? I've tried once or twice before but with less then acceptable results.

Doug

Hello Doug... :D ...!

I have loads of my lovely FS 2004 scenery installed in my FSX with very few, if any, problems.
Most of my California scenery, like this; http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm , etc, etc looks fantastic in my FSX...
..in fact, I have loads more FS 2004 scenery installed in my FSX, than FSX scenery...
..'coz there is more fantastic FS 2004 scenery around...than there is for FSX!... :dance: ...!
No problems working together with my Orbx FTX Mesh, and my FSX Ultimate Terrain USA scenery!

Give the FS 2004 scenery a try in your FSX, cant do any harm, and you can always "un-tick" it in the Scenery Library if it gives problems!!

The best of FS 2004 and FSX together...What more could one wish for!... :D ...!

..also...most of my favourite aircraft in my FSX are actually FS 2002/FS 2004 models!.... :dance: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hawkeye07 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply Paul. I agree with you on the FS9 vs FSX scenery. I've seen some very interesting scenery files in FS9 and wished they were in FSX. Now if I can just remember where they are? The hunt is on! Tally Ho!!

Doug

An Aircraft Mechanic only needs two tools, Duct Tape and WD40.
If it moves and it's not supposed to - use the Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and it's supposed to - use the WD40.

Intel(R) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, P55M-UD4, GeForce GTX960 8.00 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit & 64 bit on separate HDs)
Hawkeye07
Major
Major

Postby Eaglezero6205 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Way back is right lol. 2008 is what is stamped on the Modified date haha. I'm glad you all liked it though. I never made my own library of objects for the Island but I designed the Afcad and did the Scenery placement for all the objects.
I used what I had Available out there to me to make it. A lot of the Island is primarily composed of lots of Default objects Turned in all directions to get the look I wanted. But I am so happy for the creation of the libraries I used. Back then Ron had many libraries out. Woody and I think Loney were the go tos for me. But My most used were the libraries of MCDMil That guy was my saving grace when it came to military scenery he was pretty the only guy who made it with such detail next to the guy who did the Chu Lai however Chu Lai used alot of API macro which wasnt compatible with EZ Scenery.

Any how, You all are really the only feedback I ever got besides the download numbers back in 2008. So I am very happy to hear you guys enjoyed it way back when. Ive got alot of stuff that has to come out of the box of goodies
I even did the Baghdad Highway. VFTLM "Virtual Fly the Limit Military" We spent a lot of time flying in Iraq. So I made MANY MANY scenery's to accommodate our mission needs. But we did alot of reenactment as well so My scenery Creation spanned many theaters. My Military Objects Scenery was just a tidbit haha. I put alot of work into the Soldiers and that HUMMV was full detail Interior even the the Gear shifter was 3d. Heres some eye candy for you.
since this post is to include the topic of my Military Objects. I'll do a separate post for Dodge City.

My Scenery Objects in In Action When Scenery Notice I use whats available to me. I often Intermingled my objects with MCDmil Library Objects when buidling so I want to make clear the man waving his arms,the light tan and Dark brown camo jeeps and the tank are MCDmil Not mine.

That being said I apologize if Ive taken up too much room with these photos on the page as I did a 2000x1800 to post 6 pics at a time. So as to save space however it seems as though its taken up just as much space.
I hope I havent broken rules here I was trying to make it easier for viewing. Please let me know if this is bad and Ill change them thanks.

I have one last picture post here. This is to show my creation in the middle eastern theatre in Iraq. My Jewl in the Sand Lake Baharia Iraq Home to Camp Fallujah
"dream land as the call it" Its full size real to scale Satellite Accurate Recreation of the lake. Complete with Sadams palace and the place where he Udae and Kusae sat and watched the boat races on the lake.

Eaglezero6205
Ground hog
Ground hog

Postby zswobbie1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:01 am

Hi there,
OMG 2008? Time has flown!
Good stuff. I have a second install of FS9 called "Golden Wings". It is a regressed version (1930's-1940's & there abouts). I put all the unusual & different stuff there, such as Pirate Island & the stuff from ford-tri-motor.net. I call it my "Sand Box". I have found that I spend more time there than in FS9 or P3D because of the fun factor. I have found boats, vehicles of all types, balloons & even trains that I have put into my "Golden Wings"

My attitude is to support the freeware guys. If they spend the time & effort to develop something, I will spend time to download & support them.
They need all the support we can give!

This war scenario of yours looks quite fun & I look forward to seeing more.

Robin
(Cape Town FACT South Africa)
zswobbie1
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Scenery & Panel Design