Gauge design software

FSSC, Airport 2.*, CfgEdit, etc. Get to grips with designing Scenery & Panels here!

Gauge design software

Postby Gringo6 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:16 am

Where can I purchase gauge design software ?

I'm not talking about "panel" design software but rather gauge design software.

Thanks,

Billa (aka Gringo6)
Gringo6
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Gauge design software

Postby PhantomTweak » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:24 am

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc527031.aspx

Pretty good, informative article here....

Pat☺
Have fun, fly high, far, and free!
Pat
2S7, Chiloquin OR Image
PhantomTweak
Captain
Captain

Postby Fozzer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:08 pm

PhantomTweak wrote:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc527031.aspx

Pretty good, informative article here....

Pat☺

Blimey!...C++!

Sounds complicated!... :shock: ...(ie: Headache!).

I think I will stick to my Sinclair BASIC and ZILOG Z80 Machine Code for programming!...>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_BASIC

Paul...Sinclair Spectrum Enthusiast!.... :mrgreen: ...!

P.S...a good link, Pat... ;) ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Postby PhilFly » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:18 pm

As far as I know, there is no software to create gauges.
The best way is to create xml gauges. I personnaly use xmlnotepad as xml editor and Paint Shop Pro for the bitmaps.
And a towel because that needs a lot of work :D

Cheers

Philippe
PhilFly
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Postby stephan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Hahahahaha! Brother Fozzer...
I remember you and I had about a 3 page discussion along with others that joined in about the good 'ol days of BASIC programming. If you can program in machine language,you shouldnt have a problem with any computer programming format,LOL! I had an ol' Commodore 128 with all the manuals and even picked up a huge book on machine language,and COULD NOT make heads or tails out of it. Looked like a bunch of typing by a lab chimp. At least BASIC made some kind of sense when one looked at it.But machine language?...sheesh!...that takes some kinda determination and patience to learn that stuff.However,and for those that dont know what we're talking about...I give machine language it's props.It IS quicker in response than BASIC.BASIC requires the system to interpret what it is being 'fed',while machine language "goes straight to the core' of the system,and the response is multitudes faster than BASIC. I sure wish I had the patience and understanding to learn machine language.Really miss programming old school.
stephan

Postby PhantomTweak » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:10 am

It IS quicker in response than BASIC.BASIC requires the system to interpret what it is being 'fed',while machine language "goes straight to the core' of the system,and the response is multitudes faster than BASIC.

Much like XML is much faster and uses less memory than C++. I had to learn C++ and Visual Basic at one point, and to me XML is better, but I'm still a tyro at it. Oh well, I'll get there :)

Pat☺
Have fun, fly high, far, and free!
Pat
2S7, Chiloquin OR Image
PhantomTweak
Captain
Captain

Postby pete » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:03 am

We have some great info right here. Some of he best on the net.

1st off try reading Ken Smith's very informative tute which explains xml and gau design and a lot more.

The there is the general Panel Design section -- more useful gauge design stuff
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
pete
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jetranger » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:20 am

I remember seeing this just a while back, don't know if it'll help you or not, but it might lead to where you wanna go maybe or are looking for ???

http://fspanelstudio.com/

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=FSP-ESD-001

"For the first time you can create "New Gauges", and edit (using your favorite bitmap editor) any Gauge bitmap for a truly unique Panel". FS Panel Studio® is written in C++ to make it small and blazingly fast. No long waits for screen redraws. Simply the best panel editor available.

*** Use the XML Gauge wizard to create "NEW Gauges" from existing XML Gauges.
Jetranger
Major
Major

Postby garymbuska » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:02 am

stephan wrote:Hahahahaha! Brother Fozzer...
I remember you and I had about a 3 page discussion along with others that joined in about the good 'ol days of BASIC programming. If you can program in machine language,you shouldnt have a problem with any computer programming format,LOL! I had an ol' Commodore 128 with all the manuals and even picked up a huge book on machine language,and COULD NOT make heads or tails out of it. Looked like a bunch of typing by a lab chimp. At least BASIC made some kind of sense when one looked at it.But machine language?...sheesh!...that takes some kinda determination and patience to learn that stuff.However,and for those that dont know what we're talking about...I give machine language it's props.It IS quicker in response than BASIC.BASIC requires the system to interpret what it is being 'fed',while machine language "goes straight to the core' of the system,and the response is multitudes faster than BASIC. I sure wish I had the patience and understanding to learn machine language.Really miss programming old school.

Assembly language is CPU oriented by that I mean if you go to a different CPU you have to relearn assembly language because all of the address are different now.
Assembly is called a complex language because you have to tell it everything to do LITERALLY.
Basic was a non compiled language C++ is a compiled language which is why it is faster and it is just a fancy form of basic
Remember BASIC stands for Beginers All purpose Symbolic Instruction Code.
What make Assembly hard is knowing the address of all the registers and how to make room in memory for your program to run.
I used it on the old Timex Sinclair 8 bit system and loved it But when they went to a 16 bit CPU i could not use the same address as everything moved.
So if you change CPU you have to relearn where all of the address are at again. and completely rewrite you program.
Which what makes in a pain in the but .
Gary M Buska
SYSTEM Specs ASUS P8Z68 V/GEN 3 mother board: INTELL I7 2600k 3.48 ghz Quad core CPU with Sandy bridge: 12 Gigs of 1800hz ram:
GTX 950 OVER CLOCKED: 2 Gigs Ram Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating system. 750W Dedicated modular power supply. Two Internal 1TB hard drives 1 External 1TB 3.2 USB hard drive. SAITEK Cessna flight Yoke with throttles.
CH Rudder Peddles 27 inch Wide screen Monitor
garymbuska
Major
Major

Postby Fozzer » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Gary.... :D ...!

The joys of programming in Zilog Z80 Assembly Language for the Sinclair 48k Spectrum!

The Manual:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 1401,d.d2s

Computer Geek's Bible....I love it!... :dance: ...!

Paul.... :mrgreen: ...!
Win 8.1 64-bit. DX11. Advent Tower. Intel i7-3770 3.9 GHz 8-core. 8 GB System RAM. AMD Radeon HD 7700 1GB RAM. DVD ROM. 2 Terra Byte SATA Hard Drive. Philips 17" LCD Monitor. Saitek Cyborg X Fly-5 Joystick. ...and a Briggs and Stratton Petrol Lawn Mower.
Fozzer
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Scenery & Panel Design